Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

people that don't tuck a chair back in are lacking in basic manners

(35 Posts)
sandralondonengland Thu 08-Jan-15 15:05:56

Aibu or is it just basic manners to tuck a chair back in after you've used it? Especially if it blocks other people. I sometimes think I'm the only one that does bother to not obstruct other people.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 08-Jan-15 15:08:15

Good job the seats are nailed down on all those lovely buses and tubes that over-60s who live in London get to use for free then isn't it? Otherwise you'd be even more furious grin

sandralondonengland Thu 08-Jan-15 15:12:25

You can eff off to the other thread love. I'm in the library.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 08-Jan-15 15:13:10

grin

CorporateRockWhore Thu 08-Jan-15 15:14:14

Oh don't! I sit at the far end of a row of 10 desks, and whenever I want to go for a coffee, I have to push at least half of them back in to get past. Grrr!

jimijack Thu 08-Jan-15 15:17:33

Agree 100%
It's selfish

MildDrPepperAddiction Thu 08-Jan-15 15:23:02

Yanbu. It pisses me off no end.

MissHJ Thu 08-Jan-15 15:24:36

Oh yeah that really annoys me. When I finish a lecture and then have to tuck in numerous chairs just to get out of the lecture hall. It's so rude

JeanSeberg Thu 08-Jan-15 15:28:40

Yes you're right, it's lazy and shows a lack of respect. I pull people up on it when they leave a meeting, especially if it's in my office.

CaptainVasiliBorodin Thu 08-Jan-15 15:29:36

This is the scourge of modern times, I for one will be writing to my MP and holding a candle vigil outside Westminster. We are at a crossroads people, either we allow the collapse of society from the non tucking in of chairs or together we can rise up and beat this insidious corruption of good manners and save our planet.

ReggieJones Thu 08-Jan-15 15:32:21

It can sometimes be a bit of a health and safety hazard but its hardly the crime of the century

CorporateRockWhore Thu 08-Jan-15 15:33:27

Oh Captain my Captain! I'm with you! <jumps onto desk>

HedgehogsDontBite Thu 08-Jan-15 15:47:46

I'm not sure if it's about manners but there's definitely a special place reserved in hell for people who don't tuck them in (right next to the spot for people who don't shut drawers fully).

wobblyweebles Thu 08-Jan-15 16:36:40

YES! Finally someone who agrees with me on this. Thank you OP.

(Shows thread to husband and children.)

wobblyweebles Thu 08-Jan-15 16:36:47

YES! Finally someone who agrees with me on this. Thank you OP.

(Shows thread to husband and children.)

BitOutOfPractice Thu 08-Jan-15 16:42:27

JeanSeberg you tell people off after a meeting? Really?!

My face would be a mixture of confused and shock and angry if you did that to me. What with you not being my mother and all

mustgetabackbone Thu 08-Jan-15 16:44:02

I Blaime Boris....

ZingTheGreat Thu 08-Jan-15 16:55:39

not just bad manners, it's a tripping hazard

I'm with you OP

Madamecastafiore Thu 08-Jan-15 16:57:28

Yes, fucking rude. Infuriates me nearly a much as not putting your cutlery together when you finish eating. Although the French people in our family tell me it's a stupid English thing (secretly I think they just fucking rude!)

It is bad manners, shows a lack of consideration for others and really annoying when it happens repeatedly.

JeanSeberg Thu 08-Jan-15 18:12:20

My face would be a mixture of confused and shock and angry if you did that to me. What with you not being my mother and all

Good job you don't work for me then if you expect me to tidy up after you when you leave my office.

fiorentina Thu 08-Jan-15 19:16:45

Couldn't agree more! My MIL always just leaves her chair sticking out, it does irritate me in an irrational way.

Summerisle1 Thu 08-Jan-15 19:18:12

I blame the Mayor of London.

ithoughtofitfirst Thu 08-Jan-15 19:20:29

YANBU.

dh leaves a cafe. Doesn't push his chair in. neither does ds. Feel people staring and I end up pushing in 3 bastard chairs. Goes unnoticed by dh. EVERY TIME.

SauvignonBlanche Thu 08-Jan-15 19:22:37

Oh Captain my Captain! I'm with you! grin

I'm not jumping on any bloody desk but I'll raise my wine to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now