Talk

Advanced search

to leave now

(9 Posts)
mutternutter Thu 08-Jan-15 09:25:24

Sat in freezing car waiting for workman to quote me on a job for house I am renovating. No heating inside.
He was 35mins late yesterday and had to leave to do school run.
He didn't let me know until I txd to ask where he was. Now 25mins late for rearranged appt. No message from him. Should I leave? Would you employ him?

expatinscotland Thu 08-Jan-15 09:26:43

No, I would not employ him. He is unreliable.

stickingpoint2 Thu 08-Jan-15 09:27:27

Presumably he is on the school run again. If you hire him clearly he needs to b3 more realistic about his available hours.

londonrach Thu 08-Jan-15 09:28:21

No. Leave and dont employ him. If he cant be bothered to phone you to explain he running late or turn up on time...

mutternutter Thu 08-Jan-15 09:29:33

Sorry should read I had to do school run

No, definitely don't employ him. If he's this unreliable before even getting the job, imagine the chasing you'd have to do once the contract was in his hand.

hiddenhome Thu 08-Jan-15 09:58:12

Avoid like the plague. He could easily send a text even if he doesn't have time to make a voice call. Very rude.

ptumbi Thu 08-Jan-15 10:29:09

Sure there must be other workmen who want the job and can be bothered to turn up (and if they cant, to phone or text)??

Cobain Thu 08-Jan-15 10:31:54

If he is recommended by others I would wait or reschedule, if it is going to be a quote from a web search then I would not bother.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now