Talk

Advanced search

to leave now

(9 Posts)
mutternutter Thu 08-Jan-15 09:25:24

Sat in freezing car waiting for workman to quote me on a job for house I am renovating. No heating inside.
He was 35mins late yesterday and had to leave to do school run.
He didn't let me know until I txd to ask where he was. Now 25mins late for rearranged appt. No message from him. Should I leave? Would you employ him?

expatinscotland Thu 08-Jan-15 09:26:43

No, I would not employ him. He is unreliable.

stickingpoint2 Thu 08-Jan-15 09:27:27

Presumably he is on the school run again. If you hire him clearly he needs to b3 more realistic about his available hours.

londonrach Thu 08-Jan-15 09:28:21

No. Leave and dont employ him. If he cant be bothered to phone you to explain he running late or turn up on time...

mutternutter Thu 08-Jan-15 09:29:33

Sorry should read I had to do school run

GilbertBlytheWouldGetIt Thu 08-Jan-15 09:37:16

No, definitely don't employ him. If he's this unreliable before even getting the job, imagine the chasing you'd have to do once the contract was in his hand.

hiddenhome Thu 08-Jan-15 09:58:12

Avoid like the plague. He could easily send a text even if he doesn't have time to make a voice call. Very rude.

ptumbi Thu 08-Jan-15 10:29:09

Sure there must be other workmen who want the job and can be bothered to turn up (and if they cant, to phone or text)??

Cobain Thu 08-Jan-15 10:31:54

If he is recommended by others I would wait or reschedule, if it is going to be a quote from a web search then I would not bother.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: