Talk

Advanced search

Ah the Daily Mail!

(20 Posts)
TheHermitCrab Thu 08-Jan-15 03:21:47

OK so it's no AIBU... but what the hell is this?

www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2901048/What-happens-wife-says-yes-sex-Three-brave-couples-unique-revealing-experiment.html#comments

I'm not sure about the amount of faces I pulled reading this... but that the?

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Strange lot.

AcrossthePond55 Thu 08-Jan-15 04:08:08

Ugh. Just ugh.

ithoughtofitfirst Thu 08-Jan-15 05:01:27

Riiiiiight.

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Thu 08-Jan-15 05:40:22

TMI. Grim photos. Cringeworthy. A morally dubious concept. What's not to like?

ithoughtofitfirst Thu 08-Jan-15 05:48:04

Plus isn't this issue a bit of a sexist myth? I see just as many 'dh doesn't have a sex drive' threads on here as I do 'dh is always hassling me and humping my leg' type threads.

TheHermitCrab Thu 08-Jan-15 14:14:25

Strangely my oh was the one who showed me this with the words "what the fuck is this shit" haha

JanineStHubbins Thu 08-Jan-15 14:24:24

'I somehow manage to catch my manhood with the iron'

confused

TheHermitCrab Thu 08-Jan-15 17:12:26

Haha!

AcrossthePond55 Thu 08-Jan-15 17:14:15

I think the thing that is so damaging about this type of thing is that there will be men who will see this shite and tell their wives 'see, you should do this, it's good for our marriage'.

As a woman who is a survivor of marital rape during the years before it was outlawed and I had no legal recourse to stop it, I am so offended by this.

Hatespiders Thu 08-Jan-15 17:59:58

I get the DM every weekday, but I only use the double puzzle-pages in the centrefold and put the rest under the cat-litter tray (where it probably deserves to be!) so I hadn't read this. But I have now, and I can't believe anyone would recount such a detailed description of their private sex-life for all the world to read. And what a silly idea anyway. The photos are ghastly, they're embarrassingly awful to the point of being screamingly funny. How could these couples face their friends/families/neighbours after revealing all this? I reckon it's all made-up and these aren't real couples...are they?? hmm

RandomNPC Thu 08-Jan-15 18:04:57

I wonder where the DM get all these people from for their weird experiments, are they friends of their reporters?

Hatespiders Thu 08-Jan-15 18:06:57

AcrossthePond I'm sorry to hear about your awful experiences.

Tobyjugg Thu 08-Jan-15 18:27:37

I saw this in the paper in the pub at lunchtime and bet myself 50p there'd be a MN post on it. I win smile

Tobyjugg Thu 08-Jan-15 18:29:06

Across Good point. It's easy to take the piss and forget there is a serious issue here.

JeffVaderRunsTheDeathStar Thu 08-Jan-15 18:33:47

The first man is named Stacey? Poor bastard.

Moominmarvellous Thu 08-Jan-15 19:05:40

I couldn't even finish reading it. All the glee and planning sex stuff......just way way TMI.

Conduct your experiment if you must and shut up about it.

newyearsresolutionsnotforme Thu 08-Jan-15 19:24:02

I read it, wasn't impressed though I was glad to see it was't just about women saying yes- one was saying yes to her husband, one yes to his wife and two were ttc and had grown sick of sex so saying yes to whichever asked. So the title of the piece is pretty misleading.

I agree this could be damaging in leading people to think their partners should put up and shut up and that they are entitled to it.

On another hand though, I do think it's good to highlight the notion that men can very easily be the ones with the low sex drives- which is why I was glad to see the man saying yes perspective in comparison to his wife's. So often it's shown as the woman with the headache saying no, make a joke of women being the ones put upon, when it's the woman being told no it somehow seems worse. I've heard so many times people saying 'men never say no so if he's not wanting it, he's cheating/not that into you/bored etc. Reading the man there's perspective did make me wonder if it's like that for my DH, I must admit I feel very much like Stacey does- my DHs sex drive is so much lower, sometimes it feels very rejecting. Reading how these people felt made me glad to not be the only high sex drive person whose partner is much lower.

TheHermitCrab Thu 08-Jan-15 19:53:03

I wasn't really interested in it in a man v woman sense, but more that you are agreeing you will not say no to sex, even if one party isn't interested. There's another name for that, and I think agreeing prior to it that you won't say no doesn't make it any better.

All the couples of shameful to share such tripe in a bloody newspaper.

TheHermitCrab Thu 08-Jan-15 19:56:51

are*

AcrossthePond55 Thu 08-Jan-15 21:13:39

Thanks spiders. I got out without a lot of damage and I'm now happily married to a real man, one who knows how to take 'no' for an answer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now