Talk

Advanced search

to ask whether you all feel like this too? And if so, please could you tell me so?

(7 Posts)
ychyfi Wed 07-Jan-15 20:14:05

Today, I was utterly useless on all fronts.

I got a bit upset about some changes to my role that were announced at work. Whilst it's true that it will make work rather uncomfortable, I should have been more professional and not showed that I was bothered about it. I suspect that my colleagues now think I am childish/mad. Unfortunately, I agree with them.

I hardly saw DD today due to the announcement of the aforementioned changes and I was an hour late getting home to her. She (obviously) wanted to play, having hardly seen me all day and so bedtime was difficult. She adores our nanny and I think they had a good day together otherwise, but I still feel rubbish for not having played with her at all today. I am generally nowhere near as good at playing with her as our nanny and I suspect that DD is well aware of this.

When I got home, I realised that I had failed to pick up the present I was meant to buy at lunchtime, which will now be late. Unfortunately, it was for DH's boss.

I am so exhausted that I could howl. In an hour I can go to bed and then tomorrow seems likely to be similar.

Please tell me that everyone else feels like this too? It would just cheer me up a bit.

MamaLazarou Wed 07-Jan-15 20:25:54

What a rubbish day! Have an early night, love: tomorrow will be better.

Your nanny sounds great!

DisgraceToTheYChromosome Wed 07-Jan-15 20:30:06

Any day that finishes under a roof is a good one. Have some wine

mikado1 Wed 07-Jan-15 20:30:47

Be kind to yourself. That's a rotten day sad Am sure there are plenty of days when you do lots of play..it all evens out. What age is your dd? I would think I am 'good' at playing but actually my ds just eants to lead the eay so I follow him..works for us.

Goodmum1234 Wed 07-Jan-15 20:37:34

Yes I sometimes feel rubbish on all fronts but overall we are pulled in so many directions that we can't be good at everything all of the time. Get to bed, tomorrow is a new day x

ProcrastIWillFinishThisLater Wed 07-Jan-15 20:43:53

Oh what a crappy day. Your dd would love you best even if the nanny could fart rainbows. It's really crap when you accidentally let some feelings slip out at work where you're usually so professional, but it happens to everyone - they don't know what other pressures you have in your life right now, for all they know this could just be the straw that broke the camels back. Have some chocolate and some tea and a good night's sleep, and put your game face on for tomorrow. x

nerysw Wed 07-Jan-15 20:44:20

Sounds like a crappy day. I went part time, now I only have those days half of the week and arse about with the kids on the others. If you can do, look into it as less tax makes it easier financially and mucking about in a carboard box with the kids is great fun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now