Talk

Advanced search

...to say WTF??? I've seen everything now!

(19 Posts)
Bin50 Wed 07-Jan-15 20:12:32

Crocheted tampons!!!!!

A link to these just showed up in a crochet group I belong to on fb in between all the likes for my hoover comment ....

Second best thing I've seen on fb all year grin

ssd Wed 07-Jan-15 20:14:17

jesus friggin wept

Jessica78 Wed 07-Jan-15 20:14:20

Lol - what was the 'first best' thing?

MikeTheShite Wed 07-Jan-15 20:14:45

Have you read the reviews?grin

Bin50 Wed 07-Jan-15 20:22:12

I hadn't read down that far Mike, thanks for pointing that out. Otherwise I would have missed the option to buy them in the neapolitan colourway!

Jessica first best is the one mentioned here

ithoughtofitfirst Wed 07-Jan-15 20:23:33

No

No no no.

HerRoyalNotness Wed 07-Jan-15 20:26:08

"insert with a lollipop stick"!!! hmm

TSSDNCOP Wed 07-Jan-15 20:26:33

Yet another excellent reason to eschew FB and all it's lunatic sellers.

TSSDNCOP Wed 07-Jan-15 20:29:11

From the craft shop Herroyal

MistAndAWeepingRain Wed 07-Jan-15 20:29:47

Meh. Did you really not know that washable tampons were a 'thing'? Been around for yonks. I used cloth nappies with the DCs as well as washable sanpro. Reusable tampons were sometimes sold via the same websites.

I only know one person who's ever used them though. I never did. It wasn't so much the ick factor as the fact that I didn't particularly want something that had been doused in Ariel Automatic shoved up my fanny. Recipe for thrush, no?

TSSDNCOP Wed 07-Jan-15 20:29:59

So you get all ecological, and have coloured splinters up your fanjo for your trouble.

Sallyingforth Wed 07-Jan-15 20:31:02

I'd be concerned about just how safe these things are.
They have nothing to prove the claim They carry the same risk of toxic shock syndrome as with any tampon, and the cotton used will have been treated in manufacture with bleach or dyes that weren't intended for use inside the body.
A fun novelty perhaps, but I wouldn't have one up mine thank you very much!

myfallingstar Wed 07-Jan-15 20:32:21

Well op I think I can see you crochet tampons and raise you camel toe guard

www.cuchini.com

TSSDNCOP Wed 07-Jan-15 20:40:43

I saw a cartoon once where a camel is looking with utter horror at its foot and says to its friend "OMG my toe looks just like a vagina".

Bin50 Wed 07-Jan-15 20:48:15

Mist its not washable tampons as such that I have a problem with, its crocheted washable tampons I'm struggling with. And that's from the person who crocheted Christmas outfits for a tortoise And neapolitan coloured?? Really?? If I were ever to consider crocheted tampons I'd definitely want to know they were undyed and unbleached!

MistAndAWeepingRain Wed 07-Jan-15 20:52:51

I think tricoloured tampons sound quite festive myself....

Lifesalemon Wed 07-Jan-15 20:57:17

There's a few for sale on etsy and you can even get the pattern to make your own, there's an idea for next years christmas present for your favourite MIL and SIL.
There's also one done in red and white to look used and its selling as a cat toy!

whothehellknows Wed 07-Jan-15 22:13:36

Oh yeah, I've seen the cat toy ones for a while now. They were featured on Regretsy.

Sallyingforth Wed 07-Jan-15 22:14:29

There's also one done in red and white to look used and its selling as a cat toy!

That's disgusting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now