Talk

Advanced search

to ask a question that have has nothing to do with aibu..

(18 Posts)
ghostspirit Wed 07-Jan-15 18:20:43

just wanted to advice on what this could be.. its only happend to me about 3 time over the last couple of years. but its scary. but hard to expain as well... in my head i can think what i want to say but my voice wont let me say what i want to say very basic stuff as well. it really makes me banic i normally be quite a bit then i go back to normal.

slight different this time this time i have a migraine that does not normally happend. my right hand had pins and needles thats practically gone then it move to my face and my touch.

any suggestion what it could be thanks.

ghostspirit Wed 07-Jan-15 18:25:25

thanks smile

OldLadyKnows Wed 07-Jan-15 18:35:52

Some form of epilepsy, perhaps? Sorry, it's beyond my ken.

ghostspirit Wed 07-Jan-15 19:28:31

no idea :/ maybe i will ask gp. its one of them things that rarely happen and then the moments gone :/

woowoo22 Wed 07-Jan-15 19:30:50

It is sleep paralysis I think. I had it birth of DS when under extreme stress. Thought I heard people doing the haka in my room and could not cry out for help. It was awful.

Stubbed Wed 07-Jan-15 19:31:12

Go to your gp. My mum complained of this exact thing before she was diagnosed with a brain tumour. Not trying to scare you but worth a check.

woowoo22 Wed 07-Jan-15 19:31:25

Although prob not that if you're not asleep!!!

LittleprincessinGOLDrocks Wed 07-Jan-15 19:34:35

Could be migraine related, definitely mention it to the Dr.

ghostspirit Wed 07-Jan-15 19:37:48

defo no harm in at least talking to gp. i would have not thought brain tumour. as its happen about 3 times now. first time was couple years ago... but i will at least ring gp. yeah have not been sleep.

Jbck Wed 07-Jan-15 19:37:52

Sounds like a similar thing i get with migraine but if you have had it without Id see GP.

WinterShivers Wed 07-Jan-15 19:38:41

Woowoo22 It is sleep paralysis I also experienced it when I was going through a lot of stress, one of my worst experiences ever and even thinking about it makes me feel funny.

ghostspirit Wed 07-Jan-15 19:40:14

ahhh yes little maybe i forgot everything was blury and when i get that i cant focus then its followed by a migraine. although this time it did not develop into a migraine normally does but this time its just a standard headach... thats probably it

PtraciDjelibeybi Wed 07-Jan-15 19:40:18

My friend went to say something, and completely different words came out of her mouth. Happened a few times (together) and then she started a migraine. Might just be that for you but I would go to your gp...

ghostspirit Wed 07-Jan-15 19:42:25

jbck i think its probably is the migraine thing. the speech thing last happend a couple of years ago. because the speech thing sort of scared me i have remembered it. but probably forgot about the migraine.

ghostspirit Wed 07-Jan-15 19:43:07

yeah i will ring gp. thanks eveyone defo makes sense

wowfudge Wed 07-Jan-15 19:43:15

Hemiplegic migraine. You can have the sensations you are experiencing without developing a headache.

museumum Wed 07-Jan-15 19:46:33

Sounds exactly like my migraines (although I get the headache after if I don't take my drugs). See the gp. You will need to stop taking the combined pill as there's an increased risk of stroke and you won't ne able to take hrt in the menopause.

LittleprincessinGOLDrocks Wed 07-Jan-15 19:49:57

I get that with migraines and it is so frustrating. I was referred to a neurologist and started on medication which has reduced how often I have them by a lot. I also have a medication to take at the first sign of migraine which stops it developing in to a full migraine. So definitely worth a trip to the Dr.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now