Talk

Advanced search

To not know what to do all day with my toddler?

(7 Posts)
Kab13 Wed 07-Jan-15 11:31:17

It's probably time for preschool to be honest. The child needs a outdoor pursuit course or something.

Treeceratops Wed 07-Jan-15 11:39:07

Wrap him/her up well and go to the playground? Soft play? Swimming? That's what I've done this week with my busy 14 month old thank god MIL has him on Wednesday afternoons.

sockmatcher Wed 07-Jan-15 11:40:49

Has there been a recent change so you are now at home?

Helphelphelps Wed 07-Jan-15 11:45:14

www.amazon.co.uk/Playshoes-Waterproof-Dungarees-Straight-Trousers/dp/B000RU978O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420630968&sr=8-1&keywords=playshoes

Get your toddler a pair of these and go for a wander. Are there woods and parks near you? Or NT properties?

OUr leisure centre does brilliant physical play session twice a week which costs £2.10.

We do lots in our play tray- gelli baff, water and bubbles, cloud dough, ice melting etc.

Lilicat1013 Wed 07-Jan-15 11:46:44

Look up your local children's centres, they usually do a Stay and Play session. The ones at ours cost £1. They are loads of fun and if you look on their notice boards you can find information about other things that run locally.

I have a nearly two year old and I do Boogie Mites (children's music class) on Mondays, Stay and Play Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and then on Friday it is down the town and we go to the library or to the park.

To help with the weather he has an all in one, waterproof on the outside and fleece on the inside. He can (and does) sit in puddles and not get his clothes wet. It means he can go to the park regardless of the weather. I am freezing but he is perfectly happy.

MrsNutella Wed 07-Jan-15 11:51:25

My DS has just turned 2. I don't another child quite like him - he runs everywhere.
His nursery have a room full of big squishy shapes, a ball pond and snug swing thingy. He loves it there! And DD and I get some peace at home grin I fully recommend nursery/preschool. We all get what we need!

although I miss him and it's oddly quiet at home when DD isn't shouting and screaming

Kab13 Wed 07-Jan-15 13:07:56

No recent changes. I am just about to return to work two days a week, not because we need the money because I need a break! I love her dearly but she's got soooooo much energy and think two afternoons at pre school will benefit her.
She doesn't cope too well with groups as such because doesn't respond to the structured play. She needs a field with lots of trampolines in it. We are buying her a trampoline now we have a garden, she spent 3 hours on her cousins the other week.
We have one of those all in one waterproofs for walking/running but I'm still trying to find a safe place she can just run run run as she isn't into walking next to mummy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now