Talk

Advanced search

Please can someone answer this FB question - ow related very upset

(17 Posts)
justfoundout2014 Tue 06-Jan-15 22:35:44

I have a fb account but only opened it to trace one old friend and very rarely use it. I don't really understand how it works.

So I checked my emails tonight and clicked one of the links from fb. It went to my page which was covered with the page of h's ow. She calls herself a stupid, whimsical name, but it is her. Full of close-ups of herself and comments from people telling her how lovely she is. Some are 'liked' by h.

How has this happened? I have never tried to contact her on there. I feel sick and am shaking. This is the last thing I want to see, though it does confirm how vain and childish she is.

VivaLeBeaver Tue 06-Jan-15 22:38:16

Are you friends with your h one fb?

If so and he's liked her photos it can bring them up in your news feed I think.

MuttonCadet Tue 06-Jan-15 22:39:05

If you have mutual friends it's possible that them liking her pictures would put them on your news feed.

You need to block her, that should remove the problem.

It must have been an awful shock thanks

TheCowThatLaughs Tue 06-Jan-15 22:39:53

It suggests people you might know based on who you're friends with and who you've looked at on there, the area you live in etc. must have been a shock to see her unexpectedly like that

2minsofyourtime Tue 06-Jan-15 22:57:57

If your friends with h then anything he. Comments on/likes will show up on yours. Block them both

FightOrFlight Tue 06-Jan-15 23:19:12

ow?

Other Woman?
Old Wife?

Weathergames Tue 06-Jan-15 23:26:23

We you aware of this OW? shock

FightOrFlight Wed 07-Jan-15 00:08:13

^ guess that answers my question shock

softlysoftly Wed 07-Jan-15 00:13:31

Yeah I'm more interested in if he is still "h" despite OW.

As oppose to "stbxh" which as an aside I still read as stupid bastard ex husband

Thumbwitch Wed 07-Jan-15 00:14:25

Yes, what they mostly said. If she's friends with anyone you're friends with and they comment or like her posts, they'll show up on your FB newsfeed unless you change your settings. Upgrade your privacy (if it isn't already as tight as it can be), block her, downgrade your H (if it's him) so that you only get important updates from him.

Also, unless you allow friends of friends to see your stuff, it doesn't mean that she can see your page; but block her anyway just to be on the safe side.

Blackout234 Wed 07-Jan-15 00:17:17

Other woman or old wife?O.o

WrappedInABlankie Wed 07-Jan-15 00:19:49

I'm guessing old wife?.. I assume you'd be more upset about the OW then her facebook status?

justfoundout2014 Wed 07-Jan-15 06:27:13

Thank you. Other woman, not old wife. H and I are separated. I was upset to see a huge photo of her on my screen, when I try so hard not to think about her. H doesn't live with her, denies seeing her, but that must be bollocks.

I need a FB tutorial!

Whippet81 Wed 07-Jan-15 07:35:37

Click on her name on one of her pictures - at the top of her profile there are options such as 'friend' etc and an 'others' sometimes comes up as three dots I think. If you click that it will give you the option to block. Then you don't see anything she puts on and she can't see anything you put on.

flowers

PetulaGordino Wed 07-Jan-15 07:38:58

OW is a very standard acronym, surprised so many posters on this thread aren't accustomed to it

Sorry OP, that must have been a nasty shock. I would block her and him and keep avoiding FB if you have mutual friends

KnackeredMerrily Wed 07-Jan-15 09:01:40

Yes, get a fb tutorial from a sympathetic friend.

WrappedInABlankie Wed 07-Jan-15 09:33:15

I know the acronym for OW I just assumed they were still together as normally it's Stbex

However OP defiantly blocked her. YouTube do a lot of tutorials that show you if that would be easier?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now