Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about things YABU about - and don't care!

(259 Posts)
WyldChyld Mon 05-Jan-15 21:56:07

I view vegetarians as being unnecessarily fussy and daft. I have friends who are veggies, I will cook for them. Likewise, if someone has an allergy, I will respect that to the nth degree. But I still cannot shake my prejudice that veggies are attention seek-y or making a grand statement mainly cause most of my "veggie" friends stopped so they could stuff their faces with kebabs when drunk and said that they didn't eat bacon as a comment on society xD

Also, I am very, very judge-y about people who use text speak or lazy grammar. Even on things like Facebook. If you're dyslexic, fine. However, I am genuinely on the brink of removing a friend (well, friend of DH who latched on a bit) because her statuses make me want to throttle her.

All of this is wholly internalised and I would never say anything, obviously - tell me yours, no matter how petty / mean / judge-y they are.

ChaosTrulyReigns Mon 05-Jan-15 21:59:22

Myself annoys me.

WorraLiberty Mon 05-Jan-15 21:59:24

Seriously? Someone who chooses not to include meat or fish in their diet is 'unnecessarily fussy and daft' in your eyes? confused

Too weird

HaroldLloyd Mon 05-Jan-15 22:00:28

Well this is going to go well isn't it.

WestEast Mon 05-Jan-15 22:01:08

I don't understand why vegetarians who don't eat meat on grounds of animal cruelty aren't vegan. It pee's me off.

LineRunner Mon 05-Jan-15 22:01:43

Couldn't get past the vegetarian nonsense.

CurlyWurlyCake Mon 05-Jan-15 22:02:00

You can borrow my hard hat op, I don't care.

usualsuspect333 Mon 05-Jan-15 22:03:28

Oh dear.

Someone's bored.

Lweji Mon 05-Jan-15 22:03:58

Don't they understand plants can suffer too? And what about the fungi?
It's animal centrist.

samsam123 Mon 05-Jan-15 22:05:21

Because drinking milk doesn't mean you murder the cow

pictish Mon 05-Jan-15 22:06:42

How long till this one goes poof?

InanimateCarbonRod Mon 05-Jan-15 22:06:42

I'll rescue you OP.

I'm judging your DP/DH if he's wearing vom inducing grey tracksuit bottoms in public.

I couldn't be friends with a smoker.

SaucyJack Mon 05-Jan-15 22:08:12

Having spent a good proportion of the day on public transport..... people who take up more than their fair share of the good seats.

If it's just you on your own don't spread yourself and your stuff all over a table for four whilst families are dotting their kids up and down the carriage in whatever random seats are left.

WorraLiberty Mon 05-Jan-15 22:10:51

Because drinking milk doesn't mean you murder the cow

It does mean you're party to the male calves being murdered though

* Note to self * Do NOT get drawn in grin

WyldChyld Mon 05-Jan-15 22:11:30

Ugh, I forgot that I would need to put "lighthearted" in the title to prevent people from getting uppity. My sincere apologies. hmm

SaucyJack - YES. I spend my whole life on the train at the minute... Colouring book for your child = fine. A3 Velvet Art poster? Maybe not the best time...

Millie3030 Mon 05-Jan-15 22:13:02

People that leave a spot brewing and won't deal with it before they are out in public.

I agree OP with the vegetarian thing, vegans I understand, vegetarian because they don't like the taste I understand, but vegetarian because they don't like cruelty to animals? I don't understand. My vegan friend showed me a video about milk and how drinking it is cruel, put me off milk for months. Drinking milk samsam means you murder the calf!

TillyGotTangled Mon 05-Jan-15 22:13:06

I cannot abide writing in anything other than black ink. It looks awful. Even the shopping list...

I do manage to restrain myself from demanding things to be rewritten in my preferred colour most of the time grin

LineRunner Mon 05-Jan-15 22:13:58

I'm happily unreasonable about the way I think of this thread.

Millie3030 Mon 05-Jan-15 22:15:19

Xpost liberty.

usualsuspect333 Mon 05-Jan-15 22:15:29

As if this thread will stay lighthearted.

CaptainAnkles Mon 05-Jan-15 22:15:39

I sometimes hate people on sight, despite knowing nothing about them and never having spoken to them. I can think of at least three people, complete strangers really, who I just see around town and I can't help thinking they're awful.
It's massively unreasonable of me.

WestEast Mon 05-Jan-15 22:16:27

Yeah it does Samsam, male calves are killed pretty quickly, and most dairy cows are sent to slaughter after a few years. That is after a couple of rounds of artificial insemination, the trauma of birth and all it's complications and years of mechanical milking.

TOADfan Mon 05-Jan-15 22:19:25

I judge women/girls on what they wear. A crop top and pvc leggings is not acceptable in an office and neither is going out with a skirt so short or hotpants that your ass on show.

Though I do wonder how girls in playsuits manage to go to the loo when drunk grin

GrannyGoggles Mon 05-Jan-15 22:25:09

Misplaced apostrophes, they piss me off, and I know IABU, and I don't care.

StickEm Mon 05-Jan-15 22:27:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now