Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to email the publishers of a children's magazine over missing stickers?

(11 Posts)
RachelWatts Mon 05-Jan-15 15:47:50

DS2 loves a good sticker, so every now and then I buy him a CBeebies magazine so he can have a go at completing the pictures with the stickers.

Except the copy of the CBeebies Special I bought this morning has no stickers in it, meaning the £3.75 I spent on it is wasted as he won't get much out of the rest of the magazine.

I'm not planning on returning to town in the next couple of weeks, so going back to the shop to complain would mean a special trip which is not worth doing.

WIBU to email the publishers to let them know, as it won't cost me anything extra, and is it worth asking to be reimbursed, for a new sticker sheet or a new copy of the magazine?

BlueberryWafer Mon 05-Jan-15 15:49:33

My brother did and they sent him loads of stickers! Email them!

MrsTawdry Mon 05-Jan-15 16:55:47

YANBU I emailed Clarks once because DD's little figure broke...the ones that go in the bottom of the shoe. They sent another one immediately.

BadtzMaru Mon 05-Jan-15 16:58:58

Good luck, I emailed Blossom magazine once because the sticker sheet included was the one from the previous issue. Didn't get a response and haven't bothered buying it again.

londonrach Mon 05-Jan-15 17:03:14

Do. I remember something similar when i was a child and got two by return post.

KatoPotato Mon 05-Jan-15 17:10:04

Cbeebies mags are great, we had some stickers that were the wrong scale for the chuggington magazine, and someone in the office clearly made a new one and printed it off for us, with some goodies too!

CuddlesAndShit Mon 05-Jan-15 17:20:01

Go for it! Dd once got a jewellery box as a present which you decorated with sticky gems. Except the shapes of the design on the box didn't match the sticky gems which would have made it pretty shit looking grin. A quick email to them and they sent a whole new set out to us.

(Younger dd was over the moon as it meant she could destroy decorate the first box herself)

RachelWatts Mon 05-Jan-15 17:58:27

Thanks, everyone. E-mail sent, and their automated response says they can't respond to every e-mail as they receive a high volume, but if it's a complaint they aim to respond in 2 - 5 days.

fellathebunny Mon 05-Jan-15 19:15:33

Try on Facebook as well did a message to them about a badly cut magazine and they sent me a new one and a whole load of other stickers. They were really good about it.

londonrach Mon 05-Jan-15 19:21:41

Keep us informed as love to see what they send.

RachelWatts Tue 06-Jan-15 16:05:46

They responded, very quickly I must say, and have said they are sending a replacement copy (not sure whether that's magazine or stickers but either is fine - I still have the magazine) and a complementary copy of one of their other titles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now