Talk

Advanced search

To get annoyed when people on tv

(318 Posts)
LittleMissDonkeyonADustyRoad Mon 05-Jan-15 14:08:44

Don't wash their hands after going to the toilet

Don't wash their hands after touching raw chicken, especially when they just rub their hands on a towel angry

When they don't close the door after going in and out the house

And many more grin

Please tell me I'm not alone!

squoosh Mon 05-Jan-15 14:13:24

When they bark 'Hello? Hello?' down the phone even though they know the other person has already hung up on them.

MonstrousPippin Mon 05-Jan-15 14:17:29

Particularly in American shows/movies, people seem to park their car and get out of it with it still rolling back and forth and I think "did you not put the handbrake on?"

They also never seem to lock their cars or front doors.

YoullLikeItNotaLot Mon 05-Jan-15 14:19:40

Tv adverts wherea lunchbox is being made up and they place the sandwiches directly into the tub - not in foil or a sandwich bag and Then place an Apple or something next to them.

Lunaballoon Mon 05-Jan-15 14:20:39

Chefs on TV who rub their hands over their sweaty heads and faces then go straight back to arranging food on a plate.

YoullLikeItNotaLot Mon 05-Jan-15 14:20:54

Anything where they park up and don't check out the parking restrictions - particularly anything that's being filmed in a city centre or tourist spot.

3BloodyKids Mon 05-Jan-15 14:21:51

When people put the phone down without saying goodbye. It's so weird!

YoullLikeItNotaLot Mon 05-Jan-15 14:22:38

The whole lack of HRprocesses or compliance with employment law in Holby/Casualty.

YoullLikeItNotaLot Mon 05-Jan-15 14:23:01

I watch a lot of tv blush

UpSheFlew Mon 05-Jan-15 14:23:57

Have a drink or 3 and then drive. Seems to be a particularly American nuance.

squoosh Mon 05-Jan-15 14:25:24

Yes in American programmes they always drive to a bar to have a few drinks.

LoisWilkerson15 Mon 05-Jan-15 14:36:13

Yes the drinking and driving thing is very odd on American shows. They don't let us do that here in Scotland for some reason. On tv or in rl! grin

sourdrawers Mon 05-Jan-15 14:37:17

I like when they order food then walk away without even touching it.

Gawjushun Mon 05-Jan-15 14:39:46

Ordering food in a diner or cafe, then leaving before it arrives without cancelling the order. Or getting a plate of food, not touching it and leaving. I'm like 'what about your dinner??'

Gawjushun Mon 05-Jan-15 14:40:41

Sourdrawers is psychic shock

DoJo Mon 05-Jan-15 14:43:19

When people answer their mobile and are surprised to find out who's on the other end - I DO NOT BELIEVE that you don't have your mum's number in your contacts list, people on TV!

Micah Mon 05-Jan-15 14:44:14

In US shows where labour always starts with waters going out of the blue without any other signs.

Then it's panic and off to hospital straight away even before the first contraction. They must spend hours wasting space in hospital waiting for labour to get going.

And all their friends and family sit in the waiting room/nip in and out for a chat.

YoullLikeItNotaLot Mon 05-Jan-15 14:46:26

There are so many programmes where the lifestyle doesn't match the occupation. There was one point where the Queen Vic (grubby pub in easteners) seemed to house and employ about 15 people. The corner shop in Corrie seems exempt from any competition.

IamTitanium Mon 05-Jan-15 14:47:30

When they have no money and then talk about this and impending money doom over beauty appt/fancy meal out etc.

OnIlkleyMoorBahTwat Mon 05-Jan-15 14:48:00

When they drive into a city centre and always find a free (in both senses of the word) parking space right outside where they need to go.

TiedUpWithString Mon 05-Jan-15 14:48:07

When people who dial in a phone number really quickly and its clearly not all the numbers. When people who arrange to meet but never agree a specific time or location. And, yes yes to all the other ones mentioned!

Ooh, also, how long the driver spends looking directly at the passenger but still driving!

Penguinsaresmall Mon 05-Jan-15 14:48:31

Yes to the chicken thing. There's a tv chef who regularly fiddles around with raw meat/chicken, gives his hands a quick wipe on a nearby cloth, slings the cloth on the counter then carries on with his cooking. He drives me mad.

DadOnIce Mon 05-Jan-15 14:48:39

They repeat the thing the person on the other end of the phone is saying, even when there can't possibly have been time in the pauses for them to do so. "What?... John... What's happened? ... He's had an accident?... he's fallen over?... By the Town Hall?... He's been taken to St Thomas's?..." etc.

Also - arranging to meet. In "that new restaurant" (never specified) and "tomorrow" or "tonight", without arranging a time, how they'll get there or how they'll find each other.

LittleMissDonkeyonADustyRoad Mon 05-Jan-15 14:49:21

Ooh I've thought of another phone one, where they pick up a landline phone and just start talking, no hello or anything??

DadOnIce Mon 05-Jan-15 14:50:53

If it's a sci-fi/techno-thriller with someone hacking into a computer, at some point the words ACCESS DENIED will come up on the screen in flashing red, accompanied by a beeping noise.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: