Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be quietly rejoicing that dh has gone back to work

(26 Posts)
MellowMarshmallow Mon 05-Jan-15 13:34:42

And I get to spend one last day at home with dc, no school run. Bliss.

Christmas is the only school holiday he is at home for. Just the two days at the weekend can be a stretch, so two weeks has felt like a. really. long. time.

Am I the only one that finds being home alone with dc more restful than throwing another parent into the mix?

FruitBasedDrinkForALady Mon 05-Jan-15 13:45:59

Yep, I'm with you! DH was on holidays for the last two weeks, ya know, so I might as well have had a lazy teenager in the house. Today has,been lovely. We've had a two hour walk to lidl and the playground and a nice lunch. DD and I are watching shrek under a blanket while DS is sleeping.. bliss! (Although I'm giving myself a day off for my holidays next week, can't wait !)

AuntyBatshit Mon 05-Jan-15 13:47:51

Nope! Same here! I'm just wanting to get back into 'my' routine, so I was secretly glad too! Dh is a gem though...it's nice to be missing him and to be able to satisfy my Jeremy Kyle craving

fabfiftyfox Mon 05-Jan-15 13:49:46

I have planned Thursday off. Kids are back in school, dh at work. Can't wait to do absolutely bugger all.

GothicRainbow Mon 05-Jan-15 13:53:08

My DH is lovely and great with our DS but Yep completely thrilled he's back at work!! I've only had to make lunch for me and DS (easy peasy) and the only mess is toys and my coffee mug!!
Having DH at home for 2 weeks was like gaining an extra child!

Tigresswoods Mon 05-Jan-15 13:56:09

YANBU so pleased others feel like this!

roland83 Mon 05-Jan-15 13:58:34

Me too! He has 2 weeks off at Xmas but I work from home and still work mostly.. my biggest gripe is that he sticks the heating on all day when I normally wouldn't bother.. so then I get too warm!

I'm nice and cool today lol

BathshebaDarkstone Mon 05-Jan-15 13:58:51

Same here! DS starts nursery on Thursday and they have lunch at 11.30, quite often this is when DH starts making his breakfast and I'm trying to get DS on to school time or he just won't be hungry at lunchtime. hmm

MellowMarshmallow Mon 05-Jan-15 14:00:25

It's really nice just to have the two boys vying for my attention. And as no adult keeps asking them questions, correcting them, making 'helpful' suggestions, they have got on with it and occupied themselves all morning. It's been lovely.

I like the sound of a day off when they go back to school though. Think I really ought to have one of those too.

wobblyweebles Mon 05-Jan-15 14:00:45

YANBU smile

PrimalLass Mon 05-Jan-15 14:02:20

Everyone is back at school/work. YIPPEE. I wfm and have perfect peace today.

PrimalLass Mon 05-Jan-15 14:02:42

*wfh home home home

Writerwannabe83 Mon 05-Jan-15 14:06:57

My days with DS are FAR easier when his dad isn't around grin

splodgeses Mon 05-Jan-15 14:08:48

YA definitely NBU!

I am so glad that he is out of the house. Finally I can return to being my fastidious self without him tutting that I don't need to be doing this or that because "It's fine how it is" Bleeuurghhh!
I have just started upping my freelance hours wfh as I left my job when Mat leave ended. Such a relief to be able to get on with it!

startwig1982 Mon 05-Jan-15 14:10:19

It's just me and the dc today and we're not having a productive day, which is fine with me! Much easier without DH here.
Tomorrow ds goes back to preschool so it's just me and dd. Bliss.

MrsMarigold Mon 05-Jan-15 14:12:35

I had a lovely time with DH and I'm missing him but at last I'm able to get a few chores done. He did some tidying over the festive period rifling through drawers etc and redistributing the crap in an even more messy fashion

HumpsLumps Mon 05-Jan-15 14:13:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ScrambledeggLDCcakeBOAK Mon 05-Jan-15 15:02:18

I love my dp ferociously and I miss him today as it's his first day back but....

Yanbu today is the first day Iv had on my own since dec 19th and I might just faint with contentness of it!

Iv done nothing that would require privacy but I find if I don't have time on my own (even just a little time) a start to feel a little crazy and decidedly odd

TheWordFactory Mon 05-Jan-15 15:10:34

DH has been off for two weeks.

I love him dearly, but ye Gods...I need him Out Of My House.

Unfortunately, norovirus has struck so he hasn't gone in today. At least he is in bed, quiet, needing no food...

mummylin2495 Mon 05-Jan-15 15:20:46

I Too am happy dh has gone back to work after being home for two weeks. It disrupts my days completely. How we have managed to not have any arguments is a real miracle. I am not a wife who could work with her dh every day of every week ! I like my own space .

Wherehasmysleepgone Mon 05-Jan-15 15:27:56

Same here, love him dearly but we were driving each other insane lol Its my first day back at work tomorrow after mat leave so am pleased to get some me time again before I start! had lunch with a friend and now ds is at a settling session so I am on mn and going to enjoy a hot cuppa smile

HoHoHappyHolidays Mon 05-Jan-15 15:32:40

YANBU! I feel the same grin

minipie Mon 05-Jan-15 15:34:34

Gosh I'm the opposite! Looking after DD is so much easier with DH around especially as I'm pg. But then, I've never needed "alone time".

We are both back at work today sad

Electriclaundryland Mon 05-Jan-15 16:33:57

Me too. I like him around but prefer to muck about with the kids and please ourselves. I then look forward to him coming home.

PicaK Mon 05-Jan-15 17:48:06

I have truly loved having DH at home for 2 weeks. But his need for varied and interesting food at lunchtime has driven me nuts and blown my food budget. (Just have some soup!) Note to self to set some serious ground rules when we get to retirement.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now