Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to let DC slob out in jammies all day?

(23 Posts)
TheGirlOnTheLanding Mon 05-Jan-15 10:11:01

It's the last day of the holiday. Everybody has the going back to school/work blues. It's quite a nice day and I did originally want to get us all out in the fresh air but DDs are snuggled up in front of CBBC in jammies and dressing gowns, groaning at the thought of getting dressed. I'm tempted just to let them have a lazy day finishing off Christmas choices and slobbing out before we go back to the old routine.

CockBollocks Mon 05-Jan-15 10:12:10

YADNU

dementedpixie Mon 05-Jan-15 10:16:16

lucky you, mine went back today - it was a struggle getting them up and out on time. Enjoy your last day

DustyCropHopper Mon 05-Jan-15 10:16:24

Ds2 and dd had a pj day yesterday. They were quite happy playing, watching to etc. YANBU!

SASASI Mon 05-Jan-15 10:18:34

Sounds great! YANBU

Deux Mon 05-Jan-15 10:19:02

YANBU. My DS is at school today but DD and I are slobbing out at home. We're not dressed yet either.

I'm planning to have a bath in a while whilst DD watches a film. It's been nice so far as we've played with some of her Christmas toys and craft sets. Just about to have some toast and nutella!

Will go out later, probably for lunch.

WhispersOfWickedness Mon 05-Jan-15 10:19:46

YANBU, this is what the last day of the holidays is for grin

DarylDixonsDarlin Mon 05-Jan-15 10:21:17

Exactly what we did yesterday, and mine have gone back to school today smile

LadyLuck10 Mon 05-Jan-15 10:21:59

Yanbu, let them wind down and be relaxed for the first week back. It's the perfect weather too.

TheLovelyBoots Mon 05-Jan-15 10:22:17

My kids are still in PJs, playing Star Wars something or other. This is the point of a holiday.

Ragwort Mon 05-Jan-15 10:24:12

My teen is slobbing out .................. but I have warned him that it will soon be time to write his Christmas thank you letters and sort out his room before school tomorrow.

But I am still in my dressing gown and have been busy doing paperwork mumsnetting all morning grin.

MomOfTwoGirls2 Mon 05-Jan-15 10:26:14

Pajama days are good for the soul!

sunnydaylucy Mon 05-Jan-15 10:27:54

YANBU. Eldest DC back at school, younger 2 are now dressed but watching a film. I'm not insisting on doing anything but taking the dog out later (but they will moan!).
Enjoy.

TheGirlOnTheLanding Mon 05-Jan-15 11:12:58

Excellent, think that's unanimous then. Breaking out the chocolate oranges and watching telly it is. Hope all of you who are back to the grind today find it less grim than anticipated.

zeeboo Mon 05-Jan-15 11:14:56

That's how we've spent the last fortnight. Why do you need to ask? Is this some kind of stealth brag that you normally have everyone up and dressed and involved in some kind of worthy activity every day of the holidays?

CMOTDibbler Mon 05-Jan-15 11:23:11

We got up, dressed, bags packed with super efficiency this morning. DH went to drop ds off at school, only to find they go back tomorrow.

Good thing I work from home, but ds is not in the mood to do anything really constructive on his own and is watching tv.

Pyjamaramadrama Mon 05-Jan-15 11:26:03

Yadnbu, enjoy the last day. Unfortunately I have to get out if my pjs to do food shopping, but after that they'll be back on. Planning a film and popcorn later and an early night.

bigbluestars Mon 05-Jan-15 11:27:41

Enjoy-

DD is going shopping with a friend to spend some christmas money- DS is studying for forthcoming exams- back to school tomorrow.

whatswrongnow Mon 05-Jan-15 11:27:45

We did p.j day yesterday, as mine are back in school today. Enjoy your daysmile

FunkyBoldRibena Mon 05-Jan-15 11:27:50

Fuck it why not?

I got a supply call at 7am, and was getting dressed when they rang back to say the school have it covered so I am still in jamas, finishing my last essay and will be in front of the fire by 1.

HeresToAVeryDrunkAndHappy2015 Mon 05-Jan-15 11:36:55

I would. I have one back today and one back tomorrow. One still off isn't planning on getting dressed at all today.

TheGirlOnTheLanding Mon 05-Jan-15 11:37:06

'Stealth brag'? Hardly Zeebo! More like Presbyterian guilt. I am reading my FB feed and seeing lots of friends making an event if their last day with fun activities but my two sloths seem happy enough and it sounds like there are a few of us on here doing the same so I'm shushing my conscience.

katrina81 Mon 05-Jan-15 11:37:19

YANBU my eldest has gone back today, but myself and dd2 are relaxing at home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now