Talk

Advanced search

To get excessively irritated by facebook selling sites

(25 Posts)
notoneforselfies Mon 05-Jan-15 09:55:39

When people advertise, say, a CD as from a 'pet and smoke free home'. Soft furnishings etc I get it's important to know, but small, hard plastic items etc? I get disproportionately irritated by it.

MrsTawdry Mon 05-Jan-15 09:59:32

Well I think it's because some people with very bad allergies would want to know this information even if the item IS wipeable. Some people are very fussy.

Delilahfandango Mon 05-Jan-15 10:01:47

No your not, most people on our local one are nuts! The bitching and arguing and cheek of people astound meshock

IamTitanium Mon 05-Jan-15 10:05:21

Maybe they are just so used to typing it, its an auto pilot thing?

notoneforselfies Mon 05-Jan-15 10:06:33

That's what I think IamTitanium. And that's what annoys me. It's a silly thing to be annoyed about, granted. grin

manchestermummy Mon 05-Jan-15 10:07:43

YANBU.

I came off one because the site admin was a horrible person. I remember one lady had uploaded some pictures of something she wanted to sell. He jumped at her, and shouted "UNLESS YOU UPLOAD AGAIN AS AN ALBUM YOUR POST WILL BE REMOVED". She then came back, apologised profusely, and said she really didn't know how to do that, and could someone help maybe? He came back again, shouting "I TOLD YOU, ALBUMS ONLY. I AM REMOVING THIS NOW".

I felt like calling him on it - really, was there any need? Mind you, I had a strong suspicion that if I did, I would be treated to either the site admin shouting at me, or a barrage of "That's the rules hun" type posts.

manchestermummy Mon 05-Jan-15 10:08:36

Incidentally there's a whole thread in Classics devoted to this very topic: worth a read grin

notoneforselfies Mon 05-Jan-15 10:12:28

Ooh I shall have to look it out! To clarify, I never pull anyone up on it as that would just embarrassingly out myself as a bitch/pedant, so I just silently seethe and remain an undercover bitch/pedant.

IamTitanium Mon 05-Jan-15 10:22:18

we are all annoyed about silly/not really important things on occasions.

emms1981 Mon 05-Jan-15 10:26:06

The admins do annoy me, I know they do these pages for free blah blah blah but the "rules" are so ott. No pets no guns etc fine but barking at you because you add more than 3 items at a time or bump less than 6 hours in between get a grip!
I've seen fags and bottles of whisky for sale on some and nobody says a word.

manchestermummy Mon 05-Jan-15 10:27:28

I definitely am grin

FWIW, my parents are smokers, and most of the things in their home end up covered in a brown, sticky tobaccoey yuckiness.

pictish Mon 05-Jan-15 10:31:11

I can't believe what people are trying to make a buck out of on ours. I have to sit on my hands to not comment sometimes.

"You want how much for that?! Hahahahahaahaa - nice try! Good luck - you'll need it!"

pictish Mon 05-Jan-15 10:32:08

And all the obviously stolen stuff as well!

Blackout234 Mon 05-Jan-15 10:37:35

Some of the baby items i see look unsafe too. I saw a carseat for sale last week for 20 quid, it was literally hanging apart and the handle was cracked!
travel systems that have been used for 6 years through people have 2-3 babies being sold for near full retail price! I dont get that

Gawjushun Mon 05-Jan-15 10:39:01

My local selling site is run by this woman who honestly must have soooo much free time on her hands. She's constantly enforcing these really petty rules and shaming people by tagging them in posts. She then breaks them all by advertising her shitty sweet trees and chocolate bar 'hampers'. I'd leave, but the drama is hilarious.

LoisWilkerson15 Mon 05-Jan-15 10:46:21

Mine has a post looking for someone to take her kids to school and back 'during the colder months' will pay petrol money hmm No explanation for why she can't do it herself and needs a total stranger. No replies oddly.

pictish Mon 05-Jan-15 10:47:09

*Blackout& I see the same - people asking for nigh on full retail price for second hand goods.
The greed and the audacity is actually really aggravating.

Notso Mon 05-Jan-15 11:04:38

I do find them quite entertaining as long as I'm not the one selling.
Recently there's been loads of posts of people trying to sell stuff they bought from a pound shop for hugely inflated prices.
Then someone posts "don't mean to be rude hun but I bought one of them from Poundland"
Then the seller gets all shirty and claims they are including cost of petrol, parking, 5p carrier bag and buying the kids a Macdonalds in the value of the £1 crap, plus they will deliver for petrol money. hmm grin

What I hate is trying to sell something. The barrage of indecipherable messages, requests to deliver miles away or meet outside Burger King on specific times that are never followed up, the people not messaging back for days then getting pissed off when you think they've lost interest and bump as still for sale.

IdontusuallyNC Mon 05-Jan-15 11:11:00

I can't help myself I like to put comments on the posts saying this costs X at X

LoisWilkerson15 Mon 05-Jan-15 11:12:03

I've never attempted to sell anything on ours. I can't understand the jargon. Dudlvr? m8? Dn drv? Ofrs? Wtf? Maybe I'm old.

notoneforselfies Mon 05-Jan-15 11:14:53

Oh yes, I advertised a large aquarium/vivarium, for free to collector, and had one reply asking if I could deliver 20 miles away please, and another just wrote 'is it aqurium'. I couldn't be bothered to engage with either.

LoisWilkerson15 Mon 05-Jan-15 11:17:12

There was a whole thread about that very thing a while ago. The cheek of some people was shocking. Can I have it free and can you bring it to me?!

ohmyactualgiddyaunt Mon 05-Jan-15 11:25:11

Someone on ours was trying to sell an ikea expedit 2x2 unit for £80, claiming she bought it at next for £200. I kept posting on it with a link to the ikea website. Not my finest moment but I was cross that she was trying to fleece people.

I also get irritated by people who ask for stuff at loads less than the price the seller has asked for then when they agree, the buyer asks if they can deliver.

LL12 Mon 05-Jan-15 11:27:49

I hate it when people write "Was £100 (or whatever) new"
I don't really care how much it cost you new, it's now 2nd hand so to me what you paid for it yourself is of no relevance.

pictish Mon 05-Jan-15 11:53:51

LL12 agreed.

"Paid £200 for it new five years ago, looking for £150 even though it's been thoroughly used."

Look all you like, you won't get it. Greedy bastard.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now