Talk

Advanced search

To be this anxious?

(6 Posts)
Theyvallgone Mon 05-Jan-15 04:55:36

Partner has planned to start work at 5am this week for some out of hours stuff. He has to get up/leave at 04.15 to get there on time.

I can't sleep now he's gone. What if there is an accident because he's tired? Or he doesn't let me know he got there ok, and the office phones don't activate till 9am ... I'll panic then. Just what if in general.

I KNOW I'm being unreasonable to feel aggrieved that he planned it this way (all week with no sleep?! when it could have been done from home ). But seriously, wtf is wrong with me??

BathshebaDarkstone Mon 05-Jan-15 05:04:19

Try not to worry. Has he got a mobile. Can you ring him when you think he'll be there? My old phone had an SOS function, you pressed the middle button 4 times when the keypad was locked and it sent an emergency text to preselected numbers. Tomorrow, if his phone does that, could you ask him to set it up? If he went to bed early he should be fine. smile

DropYourSword Mon 05-Jan-15 05:33:11

Is he having no sleep? Surely he can have an early night and get up early and be ok?

effinandjeffin Mon 05-Jan-15 09:42:32

It's one week out of 52. I don't know if this will help or not but my dh starts at this time every week, has been doing it all his working life and has never had an accident. My dh is also the tiredest man in the world, can fall asleep at the drop of a hat and yet has managed to never fall asleep at the wheel of a car.

FunkyBoldRibena Mon 05-Jan-15 09:47:04

Just what if in general.

What if it's all fine? And dandy? You've wasted all that anxious energy on nothing.

GotToBeInItToWinIt Mon 05-Jan-15 10:26:40

Why does it mean no sleep? What time does he go to bed? My DH regularly gets up at that time with DD but sleeps well from 10pm ish so is fine for work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now