Talk

Advanced search

i know i am BU but found this hilarious

(16 Posts)
ithoughtofitfirst Sun 04-Jan-15 20:24:10

Obviously I know a few people who prefer to sleep on their backs. But I've never met a couple who say they both sleep on their backs before. Until the other day when talking to my newly married friends. I laughed. They looked really confused and offended. Just the thought of them in bed, side by side, on their backs, probably holding hands absolutely tickled me.

Please help me get a life.

simbacatlivesagain Sun 04-Jan-15 20:26:56

How do you sleep? What is normal? I don't sleep on my back but fascinated why it might be unusual?

SantanaLopez Sun 04-Jan-15 20:27:51

I don't know why this is funny, but it is grin

ithoughtofitfirst Sun 04-Jan-15 20:31:12

Like I'm rock climbing simba with my knee virtually in my armpit.

It's v. comfortable.

CyclopsBee Sun 04-Jan-15 20:31:40

Reminds me of when a young relative got married, both young and innocent virgins
On their wedding night (she told me this) she told her new husband to sleep in his usual position and she would fit around him grin

WestEast Sun 04-Jan-15 20:32:43

I sleep on my back on my side of the bed. DP sleeps curled up in a big snoring ball so far over on his side of the bed it's like he's trying to escape. Works for us.

Japaninthesweep Sun 04-Jan-15 20:34:16

It is funny. Probably more than it should be, but there you have it.

DurhamDurham Sun 04-Jan-15 20:34:32

I sleep on my side and husband sleeps on his side, away from each other and at opposite sides of a huge bed. Anyone who saw us would think that we had fallen out but that's just how we like to sleep. We do meet in the middle occasionally grin

SoMuchForSubtlety Sun 04-Jan-15 20:37:13

Imagine the snoring...

AshesOfRoses Sun 04-Jan-15 20:38:45

Aw, I can imagine my newlywed grandmother and grandfather going to sleep like this.

And then my grandmother telling her mother and aunt that it was a strange thing but she'd had no monthlies since she'd been married grin

iklboo Sun 04-Jan-15 20:39:08

I sleep in the recovery position. Quite what that says about my subconscious I have no idea.

maras2 Sun 04-Jan-15 20:49:35

WTAF is so funny.DH and I have been sleeping together for 45 years.We start off spooning then thrash about a bit then. Back to spoons but by waking up time,we're flat on our backs, < probably snoring like road drills > and holding hands like the lovely otters seen on youtube.

Hassled Sun 04-Jan-15 20:54:13

I sleep in the recovery position too. I always have had quite a cautious nature.

SuzySheepSmellsNice Sun 04-Jan-15 20:58:22

Love the otters image!

ithoughtofitfirst Sun 04-Jan-15 21:04:49

Aww. I love otters.

ithoughtofitfirst Sun 04-Jan-15 21:06:19

My head exploded at the cuteness of that otters picture.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now