Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To ask you all to sign petition regarding Oldham and Ched Evans

(1000 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

floatyflo Sun 04-Jan-15 18:48:13

Actually I don't believe I am being unreasonable. But wanted to bring it to attention.

MN seems to be a quiet on this today but I think the fight should still go on. I can't link to it as I am so not tech savvy enough but it is on change.org. (Same person whk set up the Sheffield Weds one so of you sogned that one it is pretty easy to locate).Already has over 9000 signatures so please please please continue to sign and share!

floatyflo Sun 04-Jan-15 18:48:45

Ergh sorry for typos!!

chocolatespiders Sun 04-Jan-15 18:50:27

Signed- thanks for sharing/

hearthwitch Sun 04-Jan-15 18:51:56

Signed it earlier. Come on folks.

chocolatespiders Sun 04-Jan-15 18:54:23

Is this the one?

https://www.change.org/p/kevin-mccabe-chairman-of-sheffield-utd-football-club-refuse-to-reinstate-ched-evans-as-a-player-at-sheffield-united/u/9193406?tk=3fYWqb3G-m4ccseNfTw7w8SwlNX52B0BicKVLH890MA&utm_source=petition_update&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=petition_message_notice

Idontseeanysontarans Sun 04-Jan-15 18:58:13

Signed. I'm not a fully paid up Latics fan but I've followed their progress for years. They need to think this through with a hard head - they've gone bump once and if they lose advertisers and sponsors nobody will bail them out again. CE is a poisoned chalice for any team stupid enough to consider him.

Andrewofgg Sun 04-Jan-15 18:59:56

Done

Idontseeanysontarans Sun 04-Jan-15 19:02:27

https://www.change.org/p/simon-corney-chairman-of-oldham-athletic-fc-refuse-to-sign-rapist-ched-evans
This is the OA one.

chocolatespiders Sun 04-Jan-15 19:06:10

https://www.change.org/p/simon-corney-chairman-of-oldham-athletic-fc-refuse-to-sign-rapist-ched-evans?just_created=true

JavelinArse Sun 04-Jan-15 19:09:18

I thought he had been signed up to a team abroad?

LynetteScavo Sun 04-Jan-15 19:09:45

Sorry, this whole thing seems to have passed me by until today.

What is everybody's objection - that he raped, or that they don't want a rapist playing for a team they support.

He has done his time in prison, so what am I missing?

Idontseeanysontarans Sun 04-Jan-15 19:12:01

He's on license so he can't work abroad at the moment, that stopped him from moving to the overseas club.

AWholeLottaNosy Sun 04-Jan-15 19:13:29

Signed and shared on FB

PuffinsAreFictitious Sun 04-Jan-15 19:13:48

No Javelin, he can't travel abroad due to having only served half his time and it being against his licence conditions.

ihavenonameonhere Sun 04-Jan-15 19:14:53

My biggest concern is his total and utter lack of any level of remorse or understanding of what he has done. On top of that running a website to try and deliberately humiliate the victim is truly awful

LineRunner Sun 04-Jan-15 19:16:46

The Ministry of Justice said he can't work abroad.

That'll be because he is a convicted rapist still serving out the remainder of his sentence in the community.

He has never said sorry. Oldham Athletic are fucking disappointing on this.

So, yes I will sign.

chocolatespiders Sun 04-Jan-15 19:17:57

Th e victim is paying a bigger price then he is and has now had to move and change her identity over 3 times to protect herself. She is living a as a prisoner while he expects his life to go on as normal despite being a convicted rapist and an unfaithful cock.

JavelinArse Sun 04-Jan-15 19:18:11

Ah okay, I will sign the petition. My sons love football, it sickens me to think that Ched Evans could be allowed back into football as if nothing happened, setting a terrible example for young fans imo

LineRunner Sun 04-Jan-15 19:19:10

I read at Xmas in the Guardian I think that the victim is now on her fifth move and couldn't go home to her dad for Christmas.

AWholeLottaNosy Sun 04-Jan-15 19:20:22

This is an article about it

www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/28/ched-evans-rape-victim-change-name-move-house-father

LineRunner Sun 04-Jan-15 19:21:40

Thanks for linking that, Nosy.

chocolatespiders Sun 04-Jan-15 19:22:07

thats so sad linerunner

JavelinArse Sun 04-Jan-15 19:22:09

**or allowed back into football at all!

God yes, his website is awful, I looked at it a few months ago and was shock

It's terrible, a convicted rapist is able to resume his life as if nothing happened, meanwhile the survivor of the crime has to go into hiding and has had her life ruined.

SoggyOldBiscuit Sun 04-Jan-15 19:24:39

Lynette- The victim has changed her name five times. He is still denying it and calling her a liar, because of this his supporters are hounding her and constantly publishing her new identities online. He is a convicted rapist who thinks he did nothing wrong.

Footballers are often seen as role-models by young boys. What message does it send to them if he is allowed to play professional football? What message does it send to his victim?

drinkyourmilk Sun 04-Jan-15 19:26:59

Signed. Disgraceful to give this man a chance to influence the general public

This thread is not accepting new messages.