Talk

Advanced search

to ask any amateur photography people if they can help

(11 Posts)
porridgeperson Sun 04-Jan-15 14:25:29

This is completely blush but here goes. I've simplified the story somewhat but here is the gist:

I am single and to get a relative off my case I said I was seeing someone. Relative delighted.

Relative has very unexpectedly announced a visit in early Feb.

Erm. Does anyone know if there's any way I can do some photoshop stuff so there's a picture of me and "my boyfriend" up?

(I know it is a weird one and if in doubt as to whether I have hairy hands - I don't. I can confirm by PM but i'd really, really rather not as it is blush and pathetic I know.)

WorraLiberty Sun 04-Jan-15 14:28:27

Why would you want to be so deceiving, rather than simply say you've split up?

Also, does the guy in the photo know what you want to do with his image?

porridgeperson Sun 04-Jan-15 14:31:03

Worra - because I want them to think I am with somebody.

I wouldn't be putting it online and sharing with thousands smile there would be ONE photo on display for a period of about forty eight hours then be disposed of, never to be seen again.

MyrnaLoy Sun 04-Jan-15 14:32:10

All other considerations aside, I'm married and have not one single photograph of me with my husband.

I know there will be far more going on than you have explained here, but is this something that will just dig you deeper in to a lie you have to continue? Is that definitely the best thing to do?

Cantbelievethisishappening Sun 04-Jan-15 14:32:54

YABVU. Bloody hell...... why on earth would you lie? Are you scared of them?
Really bad idea to continue this level of deception and to be frank, utterly ridiculous.

WorraLiberty Sun 04-Jan-15 14:35:47

Yes but does the man in question know what you want to do with his photo?

It's all very odd

Relationships break up all the time. I can see no reason why you need to lie like this.

sliceofsoup Sun 04-Jan-15 14:41:44

I get the on the spot "I'm seeing someone" to shut someone up when they are incessant.

But to continue it on and expand on it and make hard proof of this lie is absolutely barmy and will never end well.

Next time this relative asks just say it didn't work out. And then build up he nerve to tell them you are quite happy being single and could they kindly butt out.

Salmotrutta Sun 04-Jan-15 14:42:06

I agree- just stop it all by saying you split up.

Far better to tell that little fib than go on an elaborate photoshopping spree!

What would you do anyway if the relative asks to meet the "partner"?

porridgeperson Sun 04-Jan-15 14:52:38

The relative is terminally ill and it's just - well, if they think I am with somebody they will be okay, feel I'm going to be okay which I know is silly but they are from a different generation

If I say we've split up they'll get upset ... Obviously I don't want to do that.

Shockers Sun 04-Jan-15 14:54:59

I never had photos of boyfriends up in the house when I was single.

There would be the odd sock, pair of walking boots, toothbrush etc. lying around though...

However, I'd also be inclined to 'split up' a couple of weeks before your relative visits.

Shockers Sun 04-Jan-15 14:55:27

Sorry X posts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now