Talk

Advanced search

to encourage DH to put together a CD of his music and send it to someone?

(6 Posts)
pickledsiblings Sun 04-Jan-15 13:53:15

DH is a self taught musician and over the years he has 'composed' various bits of music, usually one minute wonder types but with the odd longer piece.

I think they are really good, they stick in my head when I hear them and I would love them to have a wider audience.

I wouldn't even know who he should send them to, but people need original music all the time, right? They are mostly melodious piano pieces and DH thinks no one would be interested in them.

Does anyone have any idea if it's worth doing something with them? I would love to hear from anyone who has done similar or has any advice.

Thanks!

Llareggub Sun 04-Jan-15 13:55:48

Stick them on YouTube?

MrsTawdry Sun 04-Jan-15 13:56:37

Perhaps he should have a Youtube channel...this is where many musicians get discovered though you need to do a bit of marketing on them...spreading the word through Facebook and other social media channels such as Reddit.

Why don't you upload something here so people can hear it? Does he write songs or just music?

sportinguista Sun 04-Jan-15 14:45:34

My BIL uses Soundcloud. He's a self taught DJ who is actually quite successful and has own label, residency and travels internationally and he started out that way. So post on that give it a go and you never know what could happen. Loads of amateur musicians start this way and go on to better things.

Hatespiders Sun 04-Jan-15 14:46:51

There's a site called 'mudcat' and you can post just as a guest without registering. The main section deals with all sorts of musician topics and I've often seen advice on compositions and how to publicise them etc. It's UK and US based, and their knowledge is very wide and useful. I'm sure someone on there would have some tips.

pickledsiblings Sun 04-Jan-15 16:02:21

Thanks for the replies, I'll get him to have a look at mudcat. Mrs Tawdry, I could upload something I suppose. He's working on a song at the moment, but he's no singer.

He would quite like to be able to sell the stuff that he has written, but who buys snippets of original music?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now