Talk

Advanced search

to be upset by friend

(16 Posts)
Anydrinkwilldo Sat 03-Jan-15 20:56:20

There are a gang of 11 of us still good friends from our school days. At Christmas one of the group got engaged. She announced the engagement in a group WhatsApp which was great. However a couple of days later I found out that she attempted to ring all but 3 the night she got engaged. One was me. Aibu to be upset that she didn't try to ring me?

Meloria Sat 03-Jan-15 21:03:23

YABU. It's perfectly acceptable that out of 11 some will be better friends than others.

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 03-Jan-15 21:04:16

Yabu

WooWooOwl Sat 03-Jan-15 21:04:31

YABU.

Suefla62 Sat 03-Jan-15 21:05:29

How old are you all? Sounds like some of you need to grow up.

CaptainAnkles Sat 03-Jan-15 21:06:25

It depends if the two of you are particularly close out of the group. If she has better friends than you out of your group, it's fair enough that she tried ringing them.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Sat 03-Jan-15 21:06:38

I.am so grateful to WhatsApp that it has pretty much removed any need to speak over the phone. Id be glad she didnt ring me grin

maddy68 Sat 03-Jan-15 21:10:47

Think you most definitely need to get a grip sorry

ItsAllKickingOffPru Sat 03-Jan-15 21:18:12

You say 'attempted'. Maybe she started to ring all of you but thought WhatsApp would be better.

It doesn't really matter, does it.

Anydrinkwilldo Sat 03-Jan-15 21:20:44

Ok IABU. I would have thought we would be pretty close; meet for lunch once a week etc and would have expected to be one to get a phone call. I do understand that she couldn't get round to everyone. Thanks for the replies

MiniTheMinx Sat 03-Jan-15 21:22:17

Maybe she wanted to tell you over lunch! face to face and then decided at some point to send the group text.

Reekypear Sat 03-Jan-15 21:22:43

Yabu....get over yourself, it's her moment.

TidyDancer Sat 03-Jan-15 21:23:41

Yanbu to be upset, it is very upsetting to not feel like we are valued by people we value, iyswim. But you wouldn't come off well if you raised it. You would seem needy in an unreasonable way.

I do understand why this stings though.

Anydrinkwilldo Sat 03-Jan-15 21:41:42

Oh I would never ever bring it up, I wouldn't want to hurt her by thinking she had upset me. I was just wondering what we're other people's views on it

GingerSkin Sat 03-Jan-15 21:47:59

My view is that if you get engaged and 'announce' it, friends would call the person engaged to congratulate her?

I got a couple of calls off my friends when I got engaged, it was lovely of them to make an effort and congratulate me. I didn't get chance to call everyone I wanted to partly because I was in so much shock about the proposal

YABU I'm afraid.

Anydrinkwilldo Sat 03-Jan-15 21:53:37

She tried to ring the other people before she sent the WhatsApp message ginger, sorry if I didn't explain properly. Ah in the grand scheme of things it's only a minute thing anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now