Talk

Advanced search

Have I been wearing tights wrong my whole life?

(20 Posts)
KoalasSmellLikeOlbusOil Fri 02-Jan-15 23:40:49

Couldn't sleep so doing the whole loading up the shopping basket with stuff I will never buy and came across this beauty.

Have I been wearing tights wrong my whole life?

GrandTheftQuarto Fri 02-Jan-15 23:42:08

The fuck?confused

KoalasSmellLikeOlbusOil Fri 02-Jan-15 23:45:04

I think it's to advertise that its for (as they state) chubby lady, that there will be none of the yanking of tights back up, as you can obviously fit your whole body in them grin

EmpressOfJurisfiction Fri 02-Jan-15 23:45:22

Er...

ChippingInLovesChristmasLights Fri 02-Jan-15 23:46:54

Well, it's advertising tights for larger women. It's proving that they are actually stretchy.

I am overweight, I bought some opaque tights for a party a few weeks ago. Bought two pairs 'just in case'. They were very, very difficult to get into, a nightmare. I gave the unused pair to my size 10 friend, she said they were really tight fitting.

I'd try something like these ones knowing they'd be less like trying to get into a sausage skin!

If you don't understand, perhaps just be grateful you don't need to smile

FatherSpodoKomodo Fri 02-Jan-15 23:47:20

You mean you don't wear your tights like that?

ThePinkOcelot Fri 02-Jan-15 23:48:56

Is it to show that a normal ish sized person can fit in 1 leg, then a fat person would have no problem fitting their fat leg in?confused

LillyEvans Fri 02-Jan-15 23:49:16

Super size for chubby lady fat women be grace elegance and confidence... Sounds great! grin

GrandTheftQuarto Fri 02-Jan-15 23:50:03

Radical suggestion: show a chubby lady woman who needs big tights wearing the big tights, rather than a confused-looking slim woman? grin

MrsDiesel Fri 02-Jan-15 23:50:30

How DO you wear your tights then OP? That's the standard way!

GrandTheftQuarto Fri 02-Jan-15 23:51:55

I find the OP's picture vastly improved by attempting to imagine the model trying to get somewhere.

GrandTheftQuarto Fri 02-Jan-15 23:53:41

I am also chubby lady and remain unconvinced that a pair of tights exists that won't encrotchenate my knees after five minutes' wear through being either far too short or ridiculously long.

KoalasSmellLikeOlbusOil Fri 02-Jan-15 23:55:52

ChippingIn I do have to wear tights like these, that's why they came up in my searching.

I would have been more impressed they they had a person in each leg plus evidence of putting them on without laddering them because their nails are more than 0.5 mm long!

TillyGotTangled Sat 03-Jan-15 00:11:12

I was always told at home to do this as an effective contraceptive grin

KoalasSmellLikeOlbusOil Sat 03-Jan-15 00:13:56

Wouldn't be so sure of that Tilly! Apparently there are some men out there who love the tights hoisted up to the boobs look confused

ChippingInLovesChristmasLights Sat 03-Jan-15 00:17:26

Koala, I can just imagine the comments if they'd had one woman in each legfgrin.

I wonder if they're nice tights? I now have a skirt I can't wear because I am not going through those gymnastics again! Honest to god, you'd have wet yourself laughing watching me get into them and I just prayed I didn't need the loo whilst at the party.

PeachyParisian Sat 03-Jan-15 00:53:24

God forbid they show an actual fat woman wearing the tights hmm

Fluffyears Sat 03-Jan-15 01:00:36

Chipping, get someone to stand at bottom of stairs holding tights open and then jump down from top stair into them, problem solved lol.

MiscellaneousAssortment Sat 03-Jan-15 01:05:28

Ahem. I cut the waist elastic about 2cm (very carefully!) on tights to within a gnats whisker of the actual tight material, to ease the odd wasps waist effect and the pain of getting cut in half!

GallicShrug Sat 03-Jan-15 01:12:40

To be fair, I never buy an clothing from China as it's too damn small. The grammar in the ad suggests the tights are, indeed, from China. If they only have Chinese models, I WANT to see they can get their whole body in those tights!

I have a recommendation for fellow - ahem, sturdy women. Polish tights, size 5. They're brilliant! I'm 5'8", size 16-18, and they're actually a bit big for me. Great quality, good colours ... and a bit of excitement, as the colours aren't properly translated so you have to take a guess wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now