Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to think a special circle of hell should be reserved for noisy neighbours

(11 Posts)
RoastingYourChestnutsHurtsAlot Fri 02-Jan-15 23:40:04

I hate mine.

Polite chats dont work and DH won't let me go to the council as next door are late middle aged and one is hard of hearing.

But them putting their telly on the party walls at increased volume is making my life hell

No real point to this other than a rant

OhShittingHenry Fri 02-Jan-15 23:50:42

I agree with you but I really do think that you should say something in this case. Could they not put the telly somewhere that's not up against a wall?

Monten Fri 02-Jan-15 23:51:25

Yes. My neighbours above. It used to be a 20 year old and his mum. I thought her vacuuming at 6am was bad. Now she's moved out and his cousin has moved in. They play video games all night and jump up and down screaming. I have been known to cry.

I feel your pain.

Monten Fri 02-Jan-15 23:53:23

God they've just arrived home and the music has started.

If you complain to the council do you have to disclose that when you sell?

RoastingYourChestnutsHurtsAlot Fri 02-Jan-15 23:54:53

Yes I think you do

Coyoacan Fri 02-Jan-15 23:55:23

Actually I would be putting the architects and developers in it.

It is hard enough to live in community without having to hear one's neighbours' day-to-day living.

A friend of mine bought a flat and had to sell it off cheap six years later because she couldn't get a good night's sleep. All because of the design of the building.

We have thudding music for the last 2 nights. Can't figure out which neighbour it's coming from. sad

Monten Sat 03-Jan-15 00:08:32

Oh god, that's the worst. I can almost deal with the noise, it's the rage it induces that I can't deal with.

They've just gone out so am going to try and get to sleep before they return. Good luck everyone!

Yy, you have my sympathies.
Our old neighbours (upstairs flat with a garage out the back) built a car - literally wheeled in an engine and a frame to the garage when they moved in. They worked in a restaurant so came home late and immediately start drilling and god knows what else you need to do to build a car - all in the early hours.
Then they sold it and bought a sports car, and same time of night souping it up, radio blaring, revving the engine. Running up and down stairs with their mates, yelling, slamming doors. All starting at 12am as we were trying to settle.
Major meltdown when I was trying to sleep off a migrane, DH went out to tell them to STFU - almost turned into fists flying and they got worse and worse - all the neighbours hated them.
We moved out a year ago and I still love the silence here as much as I love our house. It was 7 years of hell. Bastards.

Mrwillywonkasbitch Sat 03-Jan-15 00:17:00

I hate the house I live in, but the neighbours I've got are old and quiet and are the reason why I won't move, I've had noisy neighbours in the past and it drove me bonkers. Hope you get a good night sleep smile

Varya Sat 03-Jan-15 16:11:56

1930s house here too. We can hear raised voices, their TV, showering and using the toilet, arguing and so on. Makes me ratty!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now