Talk

Advanced search

To think is is dire customer service

(39 Posts)
Everythingwillbeok Fri 02-Jan-15 17:05:24

To cut a long story short I complained about something on Dec 9th.

Waited a week as I know these things take time.

Christmas was nearly upon us so made a quick call, yes the email had been received and would be resolved that day.Brilliant.

Except it wasnt, sent another email....no reply.

Left it over Christmas due to them not having full staff ect.

Phoned up again on Tuesday 30th spoke to a very helpful lady but she couldn't actually help with the complaint assured me she would get someone to phone me back that day.Didn't happen.

Left it over New year, phoned again today on hold for 12 mins then got through, was told to start the whole process again but in writing, I explained I'd sent emails and called twice already and wasn't willing to start again as the original complaint was from nearly one month ago.

He then put the phone down on me.

I was not shouting or aggressive in any way.

To anyone who works in this field what should I do ?

I'm so angry now and I think I've been really calm waiting for a reply.

Discopanda Fri 02-Jan-15 17:11:50

Sounds like bad customer service. What kind of company were you complaining to? If it was retail you could take it to their head office.

JeanSeberg Fri 02-Jan-15 17:13:10

Is it a shop or office based company?

Sn00p4d Fri 02-Jan-15 17:14:24

Most companies are regulated by someone/have someone to answer to.
I'd also suggest if you use facebook or Twitter to contact them using that channel as the response times as far, far quicker as the companies don't like to have negative publicity in social media that they can't control as it often gets shared/retweeted.

TheReluctantCountess Fri 02-Jan-15 17:14:48

Try contacting them on Twitter.

ElfontheShelfIsWATCHINGYOUTOO Fri 02-Jan-15 17:15:18

what company is it!

sounds awful.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Fri 02-Jan-15 17:17:11

Social Media is your friend. Start tweeting!

Everythingwillbeok Fri 02-Jan-15 17:20:11

Yes I was just thinking about Twitter...it's not something I've ever used but I do have a account.

Initially the complaint was yes a complaint but also feedback IYSWIM.

Now it's a full blown complaint about them.

Three phonecalls and two emails later and nearly a month has passed. I'm so pissed off.

Everythingwillbeok Fri 02-Jan-15 17:20:50

What should I tweet? Keep it brief I'm guessing?

TestingTestingWonTooFree Fri 02-Jan-15 17:21:20

I'd call up again in the hope of speaking to someone else. After that, social media.

Sn00p4d Fri 02-Jan-15 17:23:04

You're limited to 140 characters so you're looking to tweet something brutal and to the point, keep it on the public domain as far as possible, they'll be keen to get you to direct message the issue so it can't be seen by other potential customers, don't do it until it suits you (I.e. Giving your details)

I work is social media customer care I sincerely hope I won't be speaking to you shortly!

sockmatcher Fri 02-Jan-15 17:23:49

Name and shame them!

sockmatcher Fri 02-Jan-15 17:25:00

Tweet waited x days for reply to my emailed complaint. Now told to send in writing? What's An email then?

ElfontheShelfIsWATCHINGYOUTOO Fri 02-Jan-15 17:25:11

why are you not telling us who they are? are they a small family business or a large nationwide set up?

if the latter dont hide them!

ElfontheShelfIsWATCHINGYOUTOO Fri 02-Jan-15 17:26:24

but why tweet and expose to public but not name them here on site with x millon users?

Everythingwillbeok Fri 02-Jan-15 17:26:41

I'm not bothered about giving my details. I'm bloody fuming and I've done nothing wrong.

How should I phrase it?

The man who put the phone down this afternoon gave me his full name.

Often I can't remember anyones name, not that I often complain!

Everythingwillbeok Fri 02-Jan-15 17:27:30

Also I'm not bothered about naming them on here....it's The Lowry theatre in Salford.

ElfontheShelfIsWATCHINGYOUTOO Fri 02-Jan-15 17:34:07

do they have a facebook page?

can you find out who owner is

ElfontheShelfIsWATCHINGYOUTOO Fri 02-Jan-15 17:37:01

Just had a quick google and it seems to be a large venue.

I suggest finding as many emails as possible from all different areas, like sponsorship and so on and emailing them all " I am writing to you in utter desperation at lack of customer service - then list your problem and what you put in the op...."

ladylily29 Fri 02-Jan-15 17:42:28

Ugh, this happened to me with Monsoon. Their customer service people acknowledged something I'd ordered had been lost in the post, but then they stopped responding to emails entirely and I couldn't resolve the issue. After four weeks, I tried tweeting - no luck. So then I googled the CEO's email address, found it, emailed him, and within half an hour his PA had emailed me back to apologise, re-ordered the item to be sent to my house that Saturday, and then sent me a voucher as well.
To be fair, it had taken me four weeks and countless unanswered emails before I got to that course of action...

ElfontheShelfIsWATCHINGYOUTOO Fri 02-Jan-15 17:49:16

ladyliy I often go that course much quicker now.

Itsgoingtoreindeer Fri 02-Jan-15 17:52:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OriginalGreenGiant Fri 02-Jan-15 17:52:35

What is your complaint?

IComeFromALandDownUnder Fri 02-Jan-15 17:53:34

Ladylily29 - had the same experience with Monsoon. Took them two emails and two weeks to respond to my email. When they finally answered they didn't address my problem at all. I immediately responded but got no reply. It took another three weeks and three more emails (asking them to please answer me) before they eventually did. Will never order or buy anything from them again. The worst customer service I have ever encountered.

whattodoforthebest2 Fri 02-Jan-15 17:59:54

Tweeting worked for me with one of the TV shopping channels - I tweeted in desperation re bad customer service and they were onto it straight away and sorted it out immediately.

Sadly, The Good Food Show left me hanging forever - nothing worked, despite having email addresses, phone numbers etc, The guy responsible for customer service at the show didn't give a damn. They still send me marketing emails despite unsubscribing constantly.

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now