Talk

Advanced search

To be excited about a new washing machine?

(25 Posts)
YellowTulips Fri 02-Jan-15 16:51:23

Took the opportunity of buying a (v pricy) new washing machine and dryer in the sales.

It's got a special anti allergy wash that shoots steam through the load and also makes ironing easier (the dryer also has a steam function).

Myself and DS have eczema and am hoping it will help smile

Can believe how excited I am about white goods though!

championnibbler Fri 02-Jan-15 16:54:14

i would be excited too.
sounds like you got a great bargain.
Enjoy.

OriginalGreenGiant Fri 02-Jan-15 16:58:43

I was like this when we replaced ours.

We went from a 5kg machine to an 11kg...wow. I didn't know I was born. I can fit so much in now it seems like a breeze.

Yanbu.

YellowTulips Fri 02-Jan-15 17:02:25

Thank you smile

My DH is sick of me talking about it!

It wasn't actually a bargain - just a few hundred cheaper than (it's normally ridiculous high price) but I'll consider it money well spent if it helps DS out (his legs are terrible atm despite regular "creaming" sad).

Hatespiders Fri 02-Jan-15 17:04:51

Of course YANBU. We got a little 3-drawer under-counter freezer last year in the sales and I was dancing for joy. Our 'white goods' do our work for us, so naturally we're ecstatic!

inneedofsomeclarity Fri 02-Jan-15 17:23:56

Ha that made me laugh- my mum and dad have bought me a new Dyson today and I have been so excited ��! And when I got a new fridge freezer a couple of years ago I kept stroking it whilst reassuring my washing machine that I still loved it (I had got that a year earlier)-I recognise that I am sad but never have money to spend on things like this and get them all as presents! Enjoy!

Rafflesway Fri 02-Jan-15 17:26:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ElviraCondomine Fri 02-Jan-15 17:26:06

Not at all!
Mine is a cheap one however to replace my beautiful but no-longer-made Dyson. However, washing machine technology has come on so much in the last 10 years, I think this is actually better! I have done 14 loads of washing in 3 days.

YellowTulips Fri 02-Jan-15 17:28:25

When they arrive on Tuesday I think I'll be stroking them too grin

I am actually hoarding the dirty washing in anticipation wink

championnibbler Fri 02-Jan-15 17:29:20

ok if it wasn't a bargain
but if you need it and got a few quid off - its def money well spent.
hope it helps your DS's eczema. smile

mrsm16 Fri 02-Jan-15 17:33:01

We got a new washing machine too, last one hadn't worked properly for at least a year! This one is bigger, and has a much faster spin so drying is so much easier! I'm 28 and the highlight of my new year so far has been a washing machine!!

TeddyBee Fri 02-Jan-15 18:33:24

I've just ordered a new one to replace the (only four years old) one I've been nursing along for the last nine months. I've had enough of anxiously listening to see if the cycle has stalled or the machine has gone into spin. Fuck it. I want one that works and has a sodding guarantee.

Trinpy Fri 02-Jan-15 18:40:27

yanbu.

When we got our new washing machine a couple of years ago we invited people over to admire it and so we could show off all the different settings grin. I recommend you do the same.

YellowTulips Fri 02-Jan-15 19:23:50

When they deliver it apparently I will get a tutorial on how to use it smile

It's got soooo many functions and features I am slightly worried I'll have to keep the manual on standby by the machine (which I have already downloaded to the iPad and started to read - how sad am I).

It's got these containers for laundry liquid and fabric softener you fill up that last for 3 months that put the right amount of stuff in at the right point in the cycle so no messy powder draws.

However the first wash will be DS's bed covers - I really hope it helps sad

Missingsleepandthecat Fri 02-Jan-15 20:37:16

YANBU
When DS 2 and DH said that DM had sent them off to buy me a new Miele washing machine I was over the moon!

YellowTulips Fri 02-Jan-15 20:39:58

They are indeed by Miele smile

DramaAlpaca Fri 02-Jan-15 20:43:47

Of course YANBU. I was ridiculously excited the other day when I bought a Miele vacuum cleaner in the sales, and when I got my new dishwasher this time last year I was just the same.

Missingsleepandthecat Fri 02-Jan-15 21:05:15

YellowTulips you will love them, wish I could have had a Miele dryer too looks at her Siemens dryer in disgust
DS2 is interested in white goods and Miele are one of his favourite brands, DM bought herself one the year after she got me mine, she loves it!

TeddyBee Fri 02-Jan-15 22:07:23

My in laws have Miele appliances. Jealous sad we could only afford a slightly fancy hotpoint. Of course, if we got the three hundred odd we spent four years ago back, maybe we could afford a Bosch ;)

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 02-Jan-15 22:11:32

I love my Bosch white goods. We got a dishwasher recently (Bosch) to replace the Hotpoint which went to dishwasher heaven.
I still marvel at the space when I fill it blush

CrazyOldBagLady Fri 02-Jan-15 22:22:23

I got pretty excited when our new washer arrived. Had been using an old reconditioned Hotpoint that we bought for less than a hundred quid for years. When it finally died we bought a brand new Panasonic, doesn't quite sound as fancy as yours OP but when I saw it in the flesh I thought it looked liked something you would find on a space ship! I was well chuffed with it.

Witcheswerehorses Fri 02-Jan-15 22:23:39

Me too, 70. Never expected to fall in love with a dishwasher,until I got my Bosch one! Cost me less than £200 in the end with cash back promotions and selling my old dishwasher. Worth its weight in gold, this one grin
I am on a mission to gradually change my appliances so they have good energy ratings. Have had second hand crap that devours electricity for far too many years. Miele is out of my league,but by being savvy I am getting good brands quietly.

YellowTulips Sat 03-Jan-15 16:59:42

Thanks everyone!

I'll let you know how I get on when they arrive.

Sounds like some of you have got some great deals!

TBH I wouldn't normally have spent so much on a washing machine/dryer that's tucked away in the utility (cookers and fridge freezers are another matter!) apart from the great reviews about the anti allergy cycle and steam function.

If anyone else has one I'd be interested to know if helped. Tx all!

Stillyummy Sat 03-Jan-15 17:15:46

I am excited for you! So your well within your right to victory dance, open champagne or celebrate how ever you wish.

Busybee1234 Sat 11-Jul-15 18:28:05

Just found this thread. Does the anti allergy function on the washing machine make any difference to the eczema? Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now