Talk

Advanced search

To agree with Katie Hopkins?

(326 Posts)
UnacceptableWidge Fri 02-Jan-15 13:32:01

I know, I know!!
Turned on Radio2, initially had no idea who it was and found myself nodding along to every word.

As a 'fatty' myself I had to agree with all she said. I did this to myself. I like food, especially junk food waaay too much. I hate exercise a lot. Nobody to blame but me.

The horror of agreeing with her may, possibly, finally force me to get off my arse and do something about it though I will never in RL admit that she has made me wake up and realise this is all on me

All I would add, as clearly she cannot be completely right and understanding life in anyone else's shoes, that her circumstance is different to mine.

My weight crept on gradually over the years.
My mindset has never been to actively put weight on with the intention of losing it again, I simply developed bad habits over a long time.

Dawndonnaagain Fri 02-Jan-15 13:34:15

Some of us have other issues. YAB completely unreasonable to post anything about that abhorrent woman!

ghostyslovesheep Fri 02-Jan-15 13:36:50

YANBU to understand that for some people the basic principle of eat less move more would work

YABU to give that goady nasty little guttersnipe any fucking publicity or credence for saying it in her snidey superior manner

it's not a new concept

she didn't invent it

it way to simplistic an answer to every single reason people are fat

she's a cunt

hth grin

StoorieHoose Fri 02-Jan-15 13:37:15

That woman is a blister on the arse of humanity. Why people give the cow the time of day I will never know, and yes she should be arrested for the shite she spouts on Twitter

MinionsAndLego Fri 02-Jan-15 13:37:31

Dawn, can I just ask other issues like what?

thelittlebooktroll Fri 02-Jan-15 13:38:12

YABU

CaptainAnkles Fri 02-Jan-15 13:39:27

Yabu for agreeing with a woman who is paid to troll websites.

ghostyslovesheep Fri 02-Jan-15 13:39:39

I can't answer for Dawn but maybe some other issues include steroid use,general health issues, mental health problems such as bulimia, depression, hormonal problems ...

youllshootyoureyeout Fri 02-Jan-15 13:40:16

Yabvu! Even if a fat person (including yourself) has made themselves larger by eating the wrong things etc, why is it alright to insult and humiliate them?? They are not subhuman and deserve the same respect as anybody else. Would you insult a heavy smoker who had lung cancer because they had "brought it on themselves"? I don't think so.

Respect others and respect yourself too.

Dawndonnaagain Fri 02-Jan-15 13:40:36

I have to take medication at times, a side effect of which is weight gain. The weight doesn't just 'fall off' when I stop.

HelenaDove Fri 02-Jan-15 13:40:51

Im glad her hateful programme is going to be on tlc It means i wont come across it even by accident as i just have freeview and freesat.

And yep its January so just like previous Januarys its time for the body shaming threads. Its only the 2nd too Must be a record hmm

lem73 Fri 02-Jan-15 13:41:38

YABU to agree with that despicable piece of shit.

kim147 Fri 02-Jan-15 13:43:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sirzy Fri 02-Jan-15 13:43:53

Yabu her view is over simplified and doesn't touch on the deeper issues. She went into it knowing what she was doing at that she was going to have help to get the weight off

ReallyTired Fri 02-Jan-15 13:44:41

Why is the woman worth any air time? She is just rent a gob.

I am sure that most of us would find some common ground with another human being even if we disagree with what they think 99% of the time.

Anyway since you have posted in AIBU plenty of rent a gob type comments will come along.

Bakeoffcakes Fri 02-Jan-15 13:48:38

I agree that she's proved nothing.

I'm slim but if someone offered me tens of thousands to put on 3 stone, I'd do it, but I'd sure as hell try to lose it just as quick.

mummymeister Fri 02-Jan-15 13:50:54

Katie Hopkins has experienced "fast fat" a well known dieting phenomena. you put on a lot of weight very quickly, you lose it very quickly as soon as you go back to eating what you did in the past. of course she has lost it quickly. keep it on for 10 years then try and shift it. Actors do this all the time - gain weight for a part then lose it again.

those of us, like me, who are fat and have been to varying degrees all of our lives know why we are fat. I eat more calories than I burn - simple as. why I do this, that is another matter.

LeftyLoony Fri 02-Jan-15 13:51:12

She's a self confessed pro-troll.
Not anything to be proud of, is it? Being vile for cash?

UnacceptableWidge Fri 02-Jan-15 13:51:30

Apologies.
You are, of course, all correct.
IABU
She caught me off guard, guess I knew that IWBU as the last part of my post was a disclaimer of sorts.

Not fitting into my pants this morning and being determined to sort out my bedroom, that has become like something from one of the hoarding programmes, meant switching on the radio mid-speech had me agreeing with her that it was all my fault and I had to bloody fix it. Just like that.
Easy peasy just stop being fat, greedy and lazy.

Easy to agree with someone being nasty when you are in the middle of giving yourself a good bashing anyway I guess blush

MinionsAndLego Fri 02-Jan-15 13:52:11

Thanks for explaining Dawn, that is very true! Many people make up excuses in why they are overweight when they've clearly done it to themselves. Unacceptable I do think you are being unreasonable, as kim147 said she has proved nothing she lost the weight and made it look easy when to some overweight it is a struggle to lose weight.

IgnoreMeEveryOtherReindeerDoes Fri 02-Jan-15 13:52:59

All she has done is fued the ignorant who will judge and make insulting remarks to a family member of mine who suffers with various mental illness that has knock on effect to his weight.

Tbh I think its most brainless thing to do purposely put weight on to try prove a point. Oh but unlike your every day person they aren't monitored with arm of professionals

kim147 Fri 02-Jan-15 13:57:45

soverylucky Fri 02-Jan-15 13:58:16

fascicle Fri 02-Jan-15 13:58:58

Her experiment seems pretty irrelevant and not representative. Since losing weight/becoming healthier usually involves shifting attitudes, behaviour and habits, it would have been more pertinent and worthwhile for her to spend a few months being nice/not uttering worthless unpleasant soundbites.

Pootles2010 Fri 02-Jan-15 14:02:26

Everyone has issues that they deal with in different ways. I deal with mine by eating too much, I would imagine Katie Hopkins deals with hers by being attention seeking or being a workaholic of some sort.

The answer of stop eating is far too simplistic, and doesn't deal with the mental health issues associated with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now