Advanced search

To hate my Face/Mother

(13 Posts)
Paddleslowly Thu 01-Jan-15 22:44:27

Today I have stayed in without wearing any make up, this is very rare for me to do I won't even go to the corner shop without make up on. I hate my face when I look in the mirror it's horrible and ugly. It makes me feel sad and tearful.
Mother would dig her nails into my face and it has left scars, I hate them and cover my face in liquid foundation and top it up with powder foundation. Why the fuck did she have to fuck my face up

LokiBear Thu 01-Jan-15 22:51:13

I'm so sorry that you feel that way. You have obviously been through a very traumatic childhood experience. YANBU. However, it sounds like you could do with someone to talk to in rl. Councilling maybe?

CakeAndWineAreAFoodGroup Thu 01-Jan-15 22:53:25

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

OhShittingHenry Thu 01-Jan-15 22:53:35

Can't help thinking this isn't the right board for this

OhShittingHenry Thu 01-Jan-15 22:54:15

Indeed so cake

iniquity Thu 01-Jan-15 22:54:54

Sorry you are feeling so bad. I suspect the scars look worse to you than others because of the psychological impact.
Do you have a friend to talk to you that can boost your self esteem tonight?

gamerchick Thu 01-Jan-15 22:55:40

It's very rare that I recommend counselling but maybe it's time. Don't let your mother rule the rest of your life.

Jackie0 Thu 01-Jan-15 22:57:51

Is it possible for you to get a referral to a dermatologist or plastic surgeon ?
I think considering the obvious distress you are in it may be covered by the nhs.
I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this.
Your present and future happiness and success is the very best revenge.
Take care.

Paddleslowly Thu 01-Jan-15 23:06:49

Not a troll just upset tonight at my scars.

Clearoutre Fri 02-Jan-15 00:14:38

Dear Paddleslowly, apart from trying make up I wonder if you have had any professional assistance or advice? Your description suggest you suffered abuse at the hands of your mother which has left you with physical and emotional scarring but you don't say if anyone has ever helped you?

I would call your GP in the morning and make an appointment with the doctor. When you do see him/her explain what effect this is having on your life (i.e. ability to leave the house without make up, go to work, socialise etc) remember this isn't about something physically preventing you from walking down the street or sitting at your desk and working etc but how you're struggling to carry out every day activities.

They can work wonders with special make up, lasers and other facial treatments today so do be clear that you wish to be referred to a dermatologist as well as have counselling so that your scars (inside and out) are receiving the much needed care and attention they have been lacking - wishing you lots of luck xx

NoveltySlippers Fri 02-Jan-15 00:23:33

This made me really sad OP sad Good advice on here, just wanted to send flowers

You don't need to suffer in silence, please look up a counsellor on the BACP site.

It will be good to talk to someone about this.

Pancakeflipper Fri 02-Jan-15 00:23:54

The Red Cross do excellent support in creams/makeup to cover scarring on visible skin. Do get help for this. Even if you don't use it, I have found it freeing to know there's options.

Your scars are probably not as visible to others as much as they are to you. But I know it still makes your heart carry anger and sadness.

olgaga Fri 02-Jan-15 00:51:57

Feel so sad for you. Many of us suffer scars -- mental, physical or both - from our childhood. It gets harder to deal with as you get older.

I would make the GP your first port of call. Mine was (unexpectedly) great when I finally felt able to talk.

Best wishes and courage.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: