Talk

Advanced search

The Mumsnetter's New Year's Resolution Should Be...

(7 Posts)
Nanny0gg Thu 01-Jan-15 18:52:17

to RTFT!!

And if you can't be bothered, then please, please, Please at least read the OP's posts!

I know many people post from their phones or use MN Classic, so they can't colour-code the OP's posts (or their own), but before I knew you could do that I always scrolled to find what else the OP had to say even if I didn't read every other person's posts.

Do people enjoy spectacularly missing the point? Do they like arguing for the sake of it? Or is it a sport to take a pop at the OP when she actually has a reasonable grievance?

So many threads like that these days...

Hassled Thu 01-Jan-15 18:58:23

I use MN Classic and I can colour code posts.

And you're right. I lurked on a thread earlier where the poor OP was weeping in hysterical frustration at posters' inability to actually digest the information she'd given them - I did feel for her.

madsadbad Thu 01-Jan-15 22:29:06

I don't know what your problem is really, I use my phone and cant tell the difference quickly by colour coding OP's posts like on a desk top.

madsadbad Thu 01-Jan-15 22:29:24

wink

CakeAndWineAreAFoodGroup Thu 01-Jan-15 22:38:27

How can people have a rant if they RTFT? hmm

<light hearted>

Nanny0gg Thu 01-Jan-15 23:00:54

How can people have a rant if they RTFT

This is true.

And if the OP's posts can be colour-coded however MN is accessed, why don't people do that?

Or do they just like being able to give the OP a kicking anyway?

FelixFelix Thu 01-Jan-15 23:02:40

You can colour code the OP's posts? shock I've only ever used the app (which is rubbish btw) so may have to migrate over to the mobile site now I know this!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now