Talk

Advanced search

To raise my eyebrows at this??

(28 Posts)
Blackout234 Thu 01-Jan-15 15:53:07

ok my brows are now in my hairline.
Couples who appear to share a fb profile, WHY?!
Its easy enough to spot.
Jane John Jones Smith.
WHY!?!?!?!?

WrappedInABlankie Thu 01-Jan-15 15:55:12

Nothing says I trust you like a joint Facebook account imo wink

Blackout234 Thu 01-Jan-15 15:57:55

Indeed lmao

SurlyCue Thu 01-Jan-15 15:57:58

Or perhaps neithe trust each other enough to allow individual accounts?

SurlyCue Thu 01-Jan-15 15:58:41

Oh, is that what you meant? grin i misinterpretted that didnt I?

Blackout234 Thu 01-Jan-15 16:07:07

Indeed you did!
I just find it cringe worthy as hell...JUST WHYYY

kinkyfuckery Thu 01-Jan-15 16:09:19

I think exactly the same!

SoupDragon Thu 01-Jan-15 16:12:01

Same as joint email addresses.

emms1981 Thu 01-Jan-15 16:13:30

Yes I always think trust issues when I see that, my husbands aunty and her husband have one and I've heard all about him hmm
Something else I hate and I'm prob be ur is ones that have "mummy" on them like jessmummysmith but I hate fb anyway got rid of mine a year ago.

WowserBowser Thu 01-Jan-15 16:14:43

I was saying about this recently on FB and changed my name to some twee mix of mine and DHs as a rather unfunny joke. Worse was that it backfired and I can not change it back for 60 days.

Blackout234 Thu 01-Jan-15 16:17:03

Haaaaa brilliant wowser!

BigRedBall Thu 01-Jan-15 16:20:59

Yes! Why do people do this?! It's so twee and weird. I know a couple who have done this and the man comments on all his wife's friends posts, when they're actually meant for her. Then there's this inevitable "ooh that wasn't me that was Johnny! Won't you stop Johnny! <giggle giggle giggle>" hmm

JennyBlueWren Thu 01-Jan-15 16:29:26

I think it's less weird when it's older people who use it mostly to contact family. My dad and FIL both have Facebook but my mum and MIL will use them to pass on messages and I use it to speak to them too. I suppose to them it's the same as sharing a housephone (they also only have a joint mobile phone).

AlwaysDancing1234 Thu 01-Jan-15 16:37:51

My PIL have a joint account as one of them is not very computer savvy and they'd only be looking at the same family related photos and posts anyway

WrappedInABlankie Thu 01-Jan-15 16:49:35

Yes to the mummy in the name

Defriended someone who put HTID (hardcore till I die) in their name hmm

Or those that have "full time yummy mummy" as their job description hmm

Blackout234 Thu 01-Jan-15 17:08:27

yeeesh. i want to delete fb but i need it for work ehhh

HugeFurryKnittingBalls Thu 01-Jan-15 17:12:57

I don't know anyone who shares a fb page but the 60 day thing dd1 discovered recently - she had borrowed a passport as ID to get into a club (she'll be 18 in 3 weeks) and it you posted something about the club on your timeline you got in cheaper, but obvs they would have realised that she wasn't the person on the ID so quickly changed her fb name to that of her friend and now she's stuck with it for 60 days fgrin

A few of her friends have been caught out in doing this in the last couple of weeks and it's now very confusing who's posting what!

MothershipG Thu 01-Jan-15 17:18:58

Blackout You calling my folks cringe worthy??? Are you? You want to come over here and say that??

wink

But seriously my Dad doesn't even know how to turn the computer on, nerver mind navigate FB but he still wants to keep in touch so for ages the FB account was just in his name and yet my Mum would be doing all the commenting, it made for some confusing comments...

So in the end my Mum changed it to joint names so it's a bit clearer.

duckbilled Thu 01-Jan-15 17:22:51

I HATE the full time mummy thing, WTF is the alternative? Grinds my gears!

Sapph1e Thu 01-Jan-15 17:25:24

My mum (mid 50s) has a friend called Mary, same age. On Mary's facebook page she has listed herself as 'Dusty Collins'. I just cannot get my head around that! Wtaf??! Just why??

Blackout234 Thu 01-Jan-15 17:38:03

MothershipG, Older folks who can't use fb properly without help from a partner is different to 25 yr olds that live in each others pockets IMO!

sussexman Thu 01-Jan-15 17:57:44

blackout! You need fb for work? How does that work then? What on earth do you do for work. As for joint accts, of course sometimes it'll indicate trust or control issues. Sometimes surely it's just how people organise their lives.

haphazardbystarlight Thu 01-Jan-15 17:58:28

We have one

blush

Blackout234 Thu 01-Jan-15 17:59:45

sussexman, I work as a mobile hairdresser so rely heavily on fb for advertising.

jerryfudd Thu 01-Jan-15 18:05:18

I have a family member that has this with his partner - but then she was the OW SO assume there are some trust issues there grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now