Talk

Advanced search

To wish mcdonalds wouldn't give you an ice cream and then make you park up for the hot food

(8 Posts)
haphazardbystarlight Wed 31-Dec-14 21:55:08

<sat with ice cream cone>

musicposy Wed 31-Dec-14 22:09:36

Make them take back the ice cream and bring a new one out with the food - they will. I've had them try to give me part of a meal while it sits on the counter waiting for the rest and I never accept it. They always have to give it to me altogether.

Drip feeding here but DD1 is a manager at McDs. She's only 18 herself and it brought home to me how much the place is run by teenagers. They don't always think of these things (crew turnover is pretty high) so point it out to them.

Since DD has told me about some of the (faintly ridiculous) complaints that reach her, which she always deals with politely and with a smile (possibly a grimace!), I've worried much less about complaining in places. If you do it in a polite, friendly way people seem happy to help.

<waits for a crowd of mumsnetters to berate me for eating at McDonald's> grin

Ringovandingo Wed 31-Dec-14 22:11:57

This happened to me and my mum so we sat and ate the ice creams, told the lad they had melted and had to bin them when he brought our food so he went and got us some more! Oink oink!!

LuckyLopez Wed 31-Dec-14 22:12:30

Yes I make them hold the milkshakes.

Pico2 Wed 31-Dec-14 22:13:46

Why don't you just order hot food and go around again for ice cream when you've eaten your hot food? Even at the same time doesn't make much sense.

RedSoloCup Wed 31-Dec-14 22:14:44

I just wouldn't order ice creams at the same time as mains!

LuckyLopez Wed 31-Dec-14 22:15:02

Presumably they taking it home? We do this and put them in the freezer

haphazardbystarlight Wed 31-Dec-14 22:18:10

Pico cause we wanted to get home!

Thanks people grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now