Talk

Advanced search

New Year's fecking eve

(12 Posts)
Monkeysee100 Wed 31-Dec-14 21:16:31

It's such shit.

I'm stuck in with my lovely but squirmy and hot headed toddler, eating shitty leftover stew from the freezer (which was shit the first time round) while DH chews (noisily!) on chicken curry and chips watching shit I hate on TV as my mum tuts that I've left some minging stew.

I have indigestion, crap wine and am going to bed in a sulk.

pictish Wed 31-Dec-14 21:18:02

How come dh gets chicken curry and you're on minging stew?

Monkeysee100 Wed 31-Dec-14 21:20:29

Cos he did tea while was in bath and I couldn't face even more judgemental tutting if I'd joined him while leaving said minging stew to my parents. Even though they thought it was amazing. I'm a martyr! Lol!

Nelehwelly Wed 31-Dec-14 21:20:33

Why did you not get curry too?

Nelehwelly Wed 31-Dec-14 21:21:49

Cross-posted - so he made stew for you and your parents, but got himself a curry? Or am I reading this wrong?

ThePrincessWhoSatOnTheSprout Wed 31-Dec-14 21:25:33

Minging stew sounds revolting. How come your DH has chicken curry and chips - though that sounds yuck too?!
There's nothing worth going out for on NY Eve really IMO. Much better off staying in (though I am nearing 50!). We've just had a Curry! DH is watching something about the Bermuda Triangle... such excitement!

ilovesooty Wed 31-Dec-14 21:27:55

Why don't you get any choice of TV viewing?

Nervo Wed 31-Dec-14 21:28:04

I would love to go to bed but can't as we have guests.

Monkeysee100 Wed 31-Dec-14 21:28:22

Basically my parents are over and we defrosted a stew my DH made. He came home and said he didn't fancy it and I didn't either. My parents think we waste too much food (they are unbelievably frugal/tight). I couldn't deal with the condemnation. DH polished off some leftover chicken and curry sauce and some wedges. I could've too but at this point was fed up enough just to go to bed.

Monkeysee100 Wed 31-Dec-14 21:29:31

I could get a choice but can't be arsed. Am in a completely evil mood!

LapsedTwentysomething Wed 31-Dec-14 21:33:31

This doesn't sound like a barrel of laughs for your DPs!

hauntedhenry Wed 31-Dec-14 22:30:43

Ugh, sounds shit, especially the minging stew! I'm at home with the flu while dh and the dc are at mils for a big dinner, so am in a pretty evil mood myself!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now