Talk

Advanced search

To want to spend NYE with my boyfriend?

(8 Posts)
Womble200 Wed 31-Dec-14 20:30:52

Lovely boyfriend of two years has decided to stay at home tonight rather than accept my invitation to come over for the evening. He has got lots of work to do (as always) and was working a night shift last night so says he wants to relax at home and do a few jobs. (I've got DC here so can't go over to his). He's suggested going to the cinema tomorrow instead. It's really upset me to think he'd rather be at home than with me. AIBU?

joanne1947 Wed 31-Dec-14 20:35:32

I worked shifts for years and it can be draining. He might want to be anti-social and simply go to bed early and not do all the new year stuff.
You say he is a lovely boyfriend so talk to him in 2015, do not make it a big issue but talk. Be happy and enjoy having him in your life. (and Happy New Year)

CleanLinesSharpEdges Wed 31-Dec-14 20:36:59

Meh, NYE is just another night to me, nothing special, so I think YABU, sorry.

Womble200 Wed 31-Dec-14 20:38:13

He is very lovely! That's why I wish he was with me tonight smile

joanne1947 Wed 31-Dec-14 21:20:27

He is very lovely! That's why I wish he was with me tonight be happy, enjoy the times you have together and maybe by next New Year you will be living together. It sounds like you love him to bits and I feel he loves you too.

Womble200 Wed 31-Dec-14 22:15:34

Yes, I think I need to get a grip here and keep it all in proportion....it's only one evening after all.

Meloria Wed 31-Dec-14 22:38:28

YABU

itsnotmeitsyou1 Wed 31-Dec-14 22:45:37

Mine is at his dad's. I wouldn't mind except it's out 4 year anniversary and he told me that he will only abandon this 'tradition' when we have kids to celebrate the NY with. So you may or not be unreasonable, however I shall be feeling a bit more sorry for myself if you don't mind (p.s wine helps).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now