Talk

Advanced search

..to think I am the unluckiest person with technolog

(6 Posts)
WillWorkForMoney Tue 30-Dec-14 20:32:23

A few years ago i bought myself a cheap tablet (archos 101). Had to send it back 3 times for faults. Finally gave in and got a refund. Bought a samsung galaxy tab 2 also had to send that back a few times for faults. Meanwhile got a phone on contract (Sony xperia) which is the worse phone I've ever had, really slow, no memory, bad battery etc. Anyhow dd3 dropped my galaxy tab 2 and smashed it so got a new one through insurance (they gave me a tab 3 as tab 2s no longer available) this was only beginning of October, its already had to be returned twice for repairs due to faults. Then for Christmas, I got the phone I'm typing on now, a moto g, and it keeps randomly pressing on the touchscreen. So loads of apps open/close. How can every piece of tech I have owned over the last 4 years be so crap? Is it me, or are companies just useless at making their products work?

Oh and I always use the correct chargers.

WillWorkForMoney Tue 30-Dec-14 20:33:52

I thought maybe it was bad charges via the electricity outlets, but moved house in the summer and its the same.

MagratsLongWhiteBeard Tue 30-Dec-14 20:39:33

I'm in a moto g, what's it doing?

Sounds pretty rubbish about everything else but my tablet has just died and I've only had it 8 months, its a bugger!

NatalieHarding21 Tue 30-Dec-14 20:42:57

I really do sympathise, i have been having no end of problems with technology too, sometimes i think it is because my expectations are too high, but the problems i face are when i look at the face of it really not to do with me. For the last 5 years every phone i have had has been back to the manufacturer and replaced during contract, that is 6 phone replacements, i have given up backing up data and just use a gmail account that i can retrieve all my contacts and appointments from regardless of the phone. Laptops have also been a nightmare, i have got 5 of them too, aquired over the last 7 years, and none of them really ever met expectations, just really bored with tech, cant live with it or without it

Discopanda Tue 30-Dec-14 20:52:17

I'm known to kill technology, I've killed 3 laptops in the past couple of years (pretty sure my toddle helped though).

WillWorkForMoney Tue 30-Dec-14 20:55:57

The screen just goes crazy, tapping on things on its own. Its taken me since you posted to type this. Think its going to have to be returned, £100 is a lot of money to me. My old Nokia would probably still work if I could find the charger for it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now