I said it was his fault for bring so close

aibu?

livegoldrings Tue 30-Dec-14 08:58:50

Accident

superbagpuss Tue 30-Dec-14 09:00:03

thank you

on the jury of 100% I will tell dh to duck it up, grin

QuickSilverFairy Tue 30-Dec-14 09:05:32

My dh and I are about 14 inches apart height. I am very rolly in bed and somehow manage to put an elbow wrong on him often during the night. He does tend to shout but then falls right back to sleep. The only remedy would be for one of us to sleep like bat which seems unreasonable. Perhaps a bigger bed?

Gruntfuttock Tue 30-Dec-14 11:13:11

I know it was accidental, but did you apologise for hurting him anyway?

CheeseBuster Tue 30-Dec-14 11:21:03

YABU. Why didn't you say sorry? And it sounds like you were aiming to elbow some part of him anyway which is mean.

Neverknowingly Tue 30-Dec-14 11:25:41

Accident of course but I hope you said sorry. I teach DC that you say sorry even when it is an accident because the sorry is about acknowledging someone's hurt not admitting fault.

hanflan Tue 30-Dec-14 11:56:44

It's nobody's fault, it was an accident! My DH and I are always elbowing or headbutting eachother in the middle of the night, we just say "owwww, sorry!" have a bit of a laugh, and then go back to sleep!

DoubleValiumLattePlease Tue 30-Dec-14 11:59:19

LTB

opalstones Tue 30-Dec-14 12:01:08

I kick mine in the balls constantly. He gets over it! It was only an accident after all.

BuzzardBirdRoast Tue 30-Dec-14 12:01:39

It doesn't have to be deliberate to apologise for hurting someone

opalstones Tue 30-Dec-14 12:02:31

Agree with the posters saying sorry. You have to say sorry when you hurt someone - accident or not!

"I felt squashed during the night so reached out my elbow behind me"

I'm sorry, superbagpuss, but that sounds to me as if you intended to elbow him somewhere - and that sounds deliberate, not accidental to me. Elbowing him in the eye was not deliberate, in that you weren't aiming specifically for his eye, but you were aiming for him.

I think you owe him an apology.

livegoldrings Tue 30-Dec-14 14:00:44

You should get a superking size bed..

superbagpuss Tue 30-Dec-14 14:38:33

yes I said sorry

and I had no idea he was so close to me, I just thought I was trapped in the covers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now