Talk

Advanced search

to ask if the lady who had strange things going on is ok

(31 Posts)
randycheeseburger Mon 29-Dec-14 19:52:07

I can't find the post now, a few days ago I started reading about a lady who had odd things happening and was worried someone was coming in the flat.
Wrapped up some jewelry, it went missing and when she woke it was on the pillow next to her things like that.
I've been thinking about that and hope shes ok

26Point2Miles Mon 29-Dec-14 19:52:41

troll I think

Elmersnewfriend Mon 29-Dec-14 19:54:18

Seriously, why would you bother trolling with that? It wasn't even interesting! Is it potential storylines for authors or something?

Nelehwelly Mon 29-Dec-14 19:59:21

The thread was deleted - I assume because a number of points across her posts on various threads didn't add up (number of children, relationship status, etc).

LongDistanceLove Mon 29-Dec-14 20:01:14

Hehe

randycheeseburger Mon 29-Dec-14 20:02:37

oh that's annoying sad some of it did seem familiar to a post i read in September. I really wish people wouldn't do that

fluffling Mon 29-Dec-14 20:06:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nc987654321 Mon 29-Dec-14 20:08:38

Was the post from September about someone who thought someone was coming into her house? All sounded extremely strange and a bit unbelievable. But then it turned out she was being harassed by an ex who had previously hidden under her car, or similar, and she hasn't really put two and two together? That thread went <poof> shortly after she was going to call the police and I'd love to know what happened but I totally understand why the thread was pulled. Poor woman sad

nc987654321 Mon 29-Dec-14 20:09:22

Hadn't put two and two*

steff13 Mon 29-Dec-14 20:10:41

Aw, I loved that thread! I was so excited to see what was happening.

Nelehwelly Mon 29-Dec-14 20:13:44

The fact that the 'strange' things that happened were the exact same things her abusive ex used to do - a fact she didn't 'drip' into the thread until page four because she doesn't like to talk about him - was the first red flag. A scan through her posting history uncovered a mass of contradictions.

I do wonder what people get out of doing this kind of stuff. Sad, really.

But yeah, I wish the thread had been left up. I was looking forward to hearing her talk her way out of the strange case of the fluctuating number of children she had.

26Point2Miles Mon 29-Dec-14 20:13:59

there was also the workplace thread....

ZombieApocalypse Mon 29-Dec-14 20:14:17

Do people actually use MN to test out potential plots of books? If so, some of the ones accused of it that I've read have been utter shite and they desperately need to improve their writing skills if they think there's a novel in it.

randycheeseburger Mon 29-Dec-14 20:17:08

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/a2193294-aibu-to-think-maybe-I-am-losing-my-mind-need-some-advice-please

randycheeseburger Mon 29-Dec-14 20:18:02

could well be nothing to do with this but did remind me of this one a little.

DoubleValiumLattePlease Mon 29-Dec-14 20:20:51

What Zombie says ^ - no wonder these people are reduced to posting their shite on various chat boards - they sure as hell won't get a publishing deal unless they up their games a bit!
I never had that one down for a billy-bullshitter though blush

Nelehwelly Mon 29-Dec-14 20:22:16

If you're going to go to the effort of trolling, then make the sodding effort to remember what made-up shite you posted on other threads, even just a day or two ago, eh?

D minus for effort wink

DoubleValiumLattePlease Mon 29-Dec-14 20:24:18

Oooh randy that one does read very very much like the other doesn't it?

Nelehwelly Mon 29-Dec-14 20:28:37

It's funny, but if the exact things my stalker psycho ex used to do suddenly started happening again, my first thought wouldn't be to go onto a forum to ask strangers what they thought might be a rational explanation for the odd events ...

ZombieApocalypse Mon 29-Dec-14 20:33:09

Actually, slightly OT, but the one that always sticks in my mind and makes me cringe is the woman who posted a few months ago about how her common-or-garden tosser BF was MALEVOLENT and she'd actually touched satan or something.

And there was another one who went into long descriptions of how amazing her abusive ex was which included the word 'godlike'.

DoubleValiumLattePlease Mon 29-Dec-14 20:43:51

That does sound a tad like a bit of literary licence composed whilst mixing one's Anadin with a glass of Buckfast!

ThereIsACarInTheKitchen Mon 29-Dec-14 20:54:47

What a weird thing to troll about.

BathshebaDarkstone Mon 29-Dec-14 21:23:56

I'm so naive, it didn't even occur to me that it might be a troll. fblush

wowfudge Mon 29-Dec-14 21:43:49

I did think she seemed oddly calm given what was going on, rather than freaking out about it all.

DelightfulFunky Mon 29-Dec-14 22:33:21

Such an odd thing to troll about and then get into pointless details about the uncle and changing the locks confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now