Talk

Advanced search

To expect an actual bed?

(10 Posts)
BeanCalledPickle Mon 29-Dec-14 11:50:59

Staying in a flat we found through airbandb. Described as luxury two bed flat. However it doesn't have any actual beds, instead just rock hard futons that I just can't sleep on. Mainly because am 22 weeks pregnant and can't get comfy at all!

Do you think it's unreasonable for them to not have mentioned they only have futons in the listing? Or am I being unreasonable in expecting an actual bed? We are in Germany if that's relevant.

LIZS Mon 29-Dec-14 11:54:34

If they are platform beds then they are not unusual in Germany so no cause to complain really.

BeanCalledPickle Mon 29-Dec-14 11:57:45

Not sure what a platform bed is? This is what I would call a futon, a long sofa that the back flips down on and you each sleep on half. I don't think I'll complain, it's more that I will know for next time to specifically ask if people would generally accept a futon as a bed!

MaidOfStars Mon 29-Dec-14 11:57:51

Did they not post pictures of the bedrooms? Any reviews of the property with similar complaints?

I'd be unhappy with futons instead of beds and I have no mobility/health concerns.

BeanCalledPickle Mon 29-Dec-14 11:59:58

No previous complaints. Photos provided but opened out as a bed and covered with big duvet!

MaidOfStars Mon 29-Dec-14 12:00:46

OP, do you have a link to the listing? I would like to see if the owner has tried to conceal. Understand if you don't want to link though.

LIZS Mon 29-Dec-14 12:05:11

Low slatted wooden base with thin mattress a la ikea!

MaidOfStars Mon 29-Dec-14 12:06:47

Also, how long have you been there? Airbnb doesn't release your money to the owner until 24 hours after arrival, to give you a chance to lodge issues.

I have recently been in contact with Airbnb Help people and they were really good. As far as I can tell, there are 'local advocates' that you can have a little online chat with and see if you can talk through expectations etc. These guys will escalate to the main Help department if necessary.

BeanCalledPickle Mon 29-Dec-14 12:12:05

We've been here two nights. Both nights slept appalling with baby kicking me as squished against bed. Tonight I'm taking the duvet off another bed and sleeping on that hoping it helps! Can't easily post a link as on phone. Wouldn't say they disguised it as such. It's obviously their bed so maybe they don't think its an issue! Can't imagine that for me though. Lusting after my lovely memory foamed topped john Lewis bed right now!!

Bogeyface Mon 29-Dec-14 12:15:27

I would assume that there was a proper bed too, and would be very dismayed to see a futon. I had SPD in pregnancy, so a futon would have been impossible!

I would be inclined to let the owners know that you werent expecting them so perhaps they could amend their listing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now