Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to quite enjoy Lambrini?

(20 Posts)
OstentatiousBreastfeeder Mon 29-Dec-14 09:07:17

What's with the weird stigma surrounding it as some sort of 'chav' drink?

It's fruity, fizzy and doesn't taste of vinegar. Oh, and cheap! I don't see what's not to like confused

I prefer it over wine. It's nice.

Lj8893 Mon 29-Dec-14 09:09:55

Aahhh i haven't had it in a long while but used to always drink it before a night out! I like it!

used to give me a horrific hangover though

AliceinWinterWonderland Mon 29-Dec-14 09:15:23

YANBU. I have a bottle sitting in my kitchen, awaiting NYE. grin Because I'm cheap and I like it. I like a few others that are not as cheap, but only buy them on offer.

Figster Mon 29-Dec-14 09:15:26

I lived on it when I was a student big bottle 99p but it's utter gut rot I can't even think of it without my stomach turning over.

Now they have cherry don't they blush

NorwaySpruce Mon 29-Dec-14 09:18:21

It has a horribly sweet taste, and a very low alcohol content.

Grim.

I love Cherry Lambrini!!! In the summer my drink of choice is a pint glass with two thirds of mango juice, a third of regular Lambrini and lots of ice!!! It is gorgeous!!! fsmile

FourthMary Mon 29-Dec-14 09:23:28

I like it too, I don't have very sophisticated taste buds.

AliceinWinterWonderland Mon 29-Dec-14 09:44:54

I generally put a splash of it in a wine glass and add lemonade to fill the glass. So a cheap wine works fine for that.

BeyondTheTreelights Mon 29-Dec-14 09:45:29

Whatever you do, dont do shots of it for a drinking game because its cheap (and youre trying to be clever and use lower alcohol drinks to give the game longevity).

Gives you awful trapped wind when you shot it.

laracroft2001 Mon 29-Dec-14 09:51:30

I love Lambrini.. My drink of choice al year round

Quite light, low alcohol and not too sweet

PrincessOfChina Mon 29-Dec-14 09:53:42

At least you recognise it's not wine.

londonrach Mon 29-Dec-14 09:57:12

Me too. Its great as low alcohol. Perfect for summer evenings. Mil was surprised she liked it too.

woowoo22 Mon 29-Dec-14 16:06:13

YANBU I love it

YABU I now want some and it is too late and cold to get some.

MsMarvel Mon 29-Dec-14 16:42:06

I won my snobby friends round with a bottle of cherry lambrini. They were about to turn their nose up at it when I brought some for pre drinks while getting ready for a night out, but gave it a try. It's now a staple for any pre drinks.

Trills Mon 29-Dec-14 16:44:41

Not unreasonable at all to like the taste.

It can be very convenient to have cheap tastes - you can have a nice time more cheaply if the things you like are cheap.

amigababy Mon 29-Dec-14 16:48:48

even better, you get a free bottle from our butcher's if your Xmas order exceeds �30. What's not to like?!

Yanbu. I buy it when I'm feeling too poor for Prosecco.

Bluetone Mon 29-Dec-14 16:54:43

I like it too, always feel a tad ashamed buying it, it's so cheap.

Not so long ago I bought a big bottle and was paying at the self service checkout. I sat it in the packing area and when I went to lift my bag it went flying. It exploded with an almighty bang and the place went silent staring at this large bottle of Lambrini smashed to smithereens but the Lambrini label very much intact, then looking at me...I felt very judged ha!

ILovePud Mon 29-Dec-14 17:38:22

I like it too (but wouldn't admit so IRL) but I don't have very sophisticated taste buds and have been known to sneak sugar into champagne.

Trills Mon 29-Dec-14 17:39:30

Cherry lambrini sounds like it could be so-bad-it's-good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now