Talk

Advanced search

to ask if anyone in Birmingham knows how I can occupy my 20 year old niece who is visiting us tomorrow

(8 Posts)
DianaPinkertonsMum Sun 28-Dec-14 18:09:51

Just that really

ImNotShpanishImEgyptshun Sun 28-Dec-14 18:11:35

What sort of things is she into? Shopping? Art? Science? Nature walks? History?

chundercatsarego Sun 28-Dec-14 18:27:13

In the centre, try electric cinema, you can book a couch and get waiter service, I am sure there are some good films out and its such a novelty. Alternatively if she likes shopping you can go to the bullring (will be very busy), Selfridge's is cool for nice food, stationery bits and bobs and general browsing. The new library is nice too just to look around, you can get a great view from the top. Lunch in Brindley place or the cube or mailbox.

chundercatsarego Sun 28-Dec-14 18:30:16

Also I think there is still an ice rink outside the library at the mo if she is not too cool at 20 ( I am not at all at 28 grin )

WhoKnowsWhereTheMistletoes Sun 28-Dec-14 18:33:02

We went to the ice rink and big wheel outside the library this morning and then went up to the top of the library to the viewing platform, was all very nice.

PrincessOfChina Sun 28-Dec-14 18:33:51

The Jewellery Quarter is a nice area for a wander and the museum is interesting. Or maybe The Custard Factory in Digbeth for a look around vintage and independent shops.

I am a big fan of Loki Wine in the Great Western Arcade. There are lots of wines to try and some lovely shops there too.

The new library is stunning and worth a visit.

maddy68 Sun 28-Dec-14 18:34:04

Shopping and pub stops in between with a nice lunch

Petallic Sun 28-Dec-14 18:34:53

Give her your wifi password grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now