Talk

Advanced search

Not to replace my smartphone?

(6 Posts)
plummyjam Sun 28-Dec-14 16:34:28

A couple of weeks ago I dropped my phone on the bathroom floor and cracked the screen. Just before Xmas I sent it off to be replaced as part of my insurance deal. I've also knackered the screen on my tablet so now effectively without internet (except for laptop).

Since then I've managed to:

Read a book
Actually watch some films and TV programmes all the way through
Have a conversation with my husband
Read and played with my DD loads more than usual
Hoover my entire house and clean the skirting boards

I've been so much more productive and interested/ing without it! It's made me realise what a total time thief these things are. So WIBU to ditch the smart phone and just keep using the crappy £5 replacement I've been given by the insurance company? It hasn't been charged for 5 days and still has 4 bars of power btw shock

ButchCassidy Sun 28-Dec-14 16:47:35

YANBUsmile
When I ditched the smart phone I suddenly had time to live instead of having my phone attached to my hand...

Hurr1cane Sun 28-Dec-14 16:54:35

I do all that with my smart phone too. But then again it's usually just me and my DS who has autism and not much speech, so it's nice for me to converse with adult humans during the course of the day. I still sit and play with him and talk to him most of the time apart from when I'm sending the occasional text or when he's busy on YouTube

Trills Sun 28-Dec-14 16:57:36

If you find that your life is better without it then of course it's not unreasonable for you to continue to live without one.

Don't assume that the same is true for all of us though.

Tinkerball Sun 28-Dec-14 17:00:37

My phone isn't a "time thief" at all, I still read books and even have the time to talk to my family!!!.....whilst I have a phone. It's not a case of one or the other. But if you don't need it, then dont have it.

NickNackNooToYou Sun 28-Dec-14 17:30:10

Smart phones eat time! I don't normally have New Year's resolution but this year I'm making an exception. Less screen time for me grin

In fact, I've already started, been to the library and got some books and today cleared the futility room - clearly I'm now on my quota time wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now