Talk

Advanced search

to ask was he rude?

(9 Posts)
homealone42 Sun 28-Dec-14 16:07:56

Received presents from my sister. Dh,s 2nd gift was a toiletry set including a body spray and shower gel. he commented that its a shame you can't get sets with more than 1 body spray as he uses more of these.I received a toiletry set. He replied we can now open a 2nd branch of superdrug. I do own rather alot of tiletries, make up etc tbf.
so was he rude as I seem to be finding fault all the time lately so need to know aibu.

InfinitySeven Sun 28-Dec-14 16:10:41

No. It's a throwaway comment, really nothing to get upset about.

GlitzAndGigglesx Sun 28-Dec-14 16:15:01

Lol no he wasn't rude at all

RonaldMcDonald Sun 28-Dec-14 16:17:58

not rude

homealone42 Sun 28-Dec-14 16:22:17

ok so I am reading too much i to it. Just seemed a little ungrateful as he was implying my gift was unnecessary and he would prefer a different set to the one purchased. Thanks for putting me straight.

WaywardGirl Sun 28-Dec-14 16:22:31

Not rude in itself, though it sounds like this could possibly be part of a wider issue with slightly snide or put-down (not phrased that well) comments.

WaywardGirl Sun 28-Dec-14 16:23:58

I mean, if he has form for ruining nice things with miserly comments then would read it a bit differently than if it was a one off.

homealone42 Sun 28-Dec-14 16:26:22

although the superdrug comment may have been a little dig at me as he has history for accussing me of hoarding. My toiletries and books are hoarding but his football programs and lego are collections.

homealone42 Sun 28-Dec-14 16:28:54

waywardis posdibly spot on. Last year we were with his folks and he said he couldn't sleep due to my snoring in front of everyone and said x was a better driver than me and calls my family the outlaws. All probably innoccent on their own.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now