Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

tv hogging. trivial

(10 Posts)
homealone42 Sun 28-Dec-14 13:13:14

So on Christmas Eve I did not sit down to watch tv. Spent it doing prep for Christmas Day, church etc. Christmas Day we always do traditional stuff like board games with dc etc so no Tv during the day. All fine as we were sky plussing stuff. Although dh told me that 2 of my programs classed so he recorded only one. I went to bed early Christmas Day as I was shatterred. Yesterday dh spent the whole evening watching tv he wanted. Not bothered as has other stuff to do. Anyway he went to bed early as tired and I was up with older dc. They wanted to watch something but couldn't as dh has 2 of his programs on record. So he knew damn well 2 programs could be recorded but didn't want to as he wanted to hog tv again. Now it is no biggy as I can can watch it on catch up but I am pissed off of the way he lords it over tv. He has planned his viewing for the whole evening again.
Incidently me and the dc spent a lovely afternoon playing family computer games using tv but again it had to be switched off at 5 so he could have tv. It wasn't a problem for me as I had to go out but it is just his attitude.
It is almost like he is thinking that as I work I paid for it.
aibu

2minsofyourtime Sun 28-Dec-14 13:16:03

You keep sayings its not a problem, but it clearly is. Either you want to watch/recorded something or not.

If so then tell him how you feel and discuss how you can share the tv

CatsClaus Sun 28-Dec-14 13:17:12

Sometimes when two of my programmes clash and can't be recorded I find a terrible random deletion happens to some of the shite that dh has recorded.

It's all very petty sad and tragic. for him

I pretend not to know how the tv controls work as well, so it can't possibly be anything to do with me. grin

Flangeshrub Sun 28-Dec-14 13:18:50

You are a TV martyr! Discuss it with DH and find ways to share, saying it doesn't matter when it does is counterproductive.

CatsClaus Sun 28-Dec-14 13:20:27

just me in the petty revenge corner then?
grin

<damn MN and the reasonable vipers> ;)

Flangeshrub Sun 28-Dec-14 13:21:36

I also find DH's programmes randomly get deleted. I'm not sure why 'pawn wars' or some such tripe disappears in favour of my programme. It's just one of those strange things...

homealone42 Sun 28-Dec-14 13:38:09

The problem is the fact that he knew damn well he could record two programs but choose not to so he could watch what he wants. It was the underhand nature of it.
Tonight for example I will happily watch some of his choices but it just seems that there is no compromise at Christmas. Normally we muddle along taking turns.

VitalStollenFix Sun 28-Dec-14 13:41:18

So then tell him he is being a selfish git and work out a fairer system. even if that means sitting down with a tv guide and planning what you really want to see.

ScrambledeggLDCcakeBOAK Sun 28-Dec-14 14:34:38

Iv not seen any of my Christmas progs as they have had xbox on and films etc except mrs browns boys as they like it too.

I don't mind as it's a lot of hours to kill for everyone and dsd is only here for a week.

Yes am I looking forward to finally seeing them but I can wait

Iv recorcorded most of them (hopefully them all) and plan to watch them all as and when I get time to myself maybe with wine

ScrambledeggLDCcakeBOAK Sun 28-Dec-14 14:36:08

If you've really got a problem then press record when his thing comes on and say right it's family time you can watch it later just like the rest of us have to

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now