Talk

Advanced search

to think he should learn to wash a bloody plate properly!?!?

(32 Posts)
Blackout234 Sun 28-Dec-14 01:00:54

I'm 16wks with my first, for the last 4hrs ive been craving vegetarian toad in the hole, So I decided so go make some about an hour ago (I know its late, DP is awake and up downstairs on the console), However I suffer with really bad sciatica so once I sat down on the sofa waiting for the timer to go off I had to ask DP to pause his game and go and serve my toad in the hole and put some gravy on it, There were no clean plates or cups (we only have small sets of 3 so not a rare occurrence), so dp had to wash a cup to make the gravy and wash a plate for my food. He brought my food in, I took a bite and all I could taste was.... SOAP. AIBU to think he could have at least washed the plate/cup properly sad My food was ruined. I had to put it in the bin and that really annoyed me as I have terrible morning sickness and when I crave something no matter what it is 9/10 its the only thing i can eat without feeling dreadfully sick... sad *Well aware I'm probs BU*

Rosecottage888 Sun 28-Dec-14 01:09:26

YABU sorry

Blackout234 Sun 28-Dec-14 01:10:25

Knew it XD Ahhh. Hormones, how does anyone get through pregnancy without killing there significant other?!

Rosecottage888 Sun 28-Dec-14 01:11:04

And ungrateful..

Rosecottage888 Sun 28-Dec-14 01:11:40

And ungrateful..

Blackout234 Sun 28-Dec-14 01:12:30

I think calling me ungrateful is a bit harsh...

SellMySoulForSomeSleep Sun 28-Dec-14 01:14:46

you mean your DP was to busy playing a computer game to help his pregnant partner? Bloody hell YANBU. It's not like you asked him to make it.

Rosecottage888 Sun 28-Dec-14 01:15:56

You have to bite your tongue and appreciate he went out of his way, I do feel your pain though grin bless you, do it yourself when it comes to cravings or it just won't do!

Rosecottage888 Sun 28-Dec-14 01:16:52

Sorry, I hadn't finished!

Discopanda Sun 28-Dec-14 01:17:30

That is really harsh. I'm not quite sure why, but my OH has somehow become a million times more annoying since I've been pregnant too. YANBU for wanting edible food, he sounds like a lazy scroat.

Blackout234 Sun 28-Dec-14 01:17:32

I made it myself, he just washed the plate and served it i dont think he really went out of his way lol. is it too much to ask that i dont want fairy liquid flavored gravy?!?

SellMySoulForSomeSleep Sun 28-Dec-14 01:20:26

Of course it isn't too much to ask Blackout. I would have been gutted.

Blackout234 Sun 28-Dec-14 01:20:57

Discopanda, i feel your pain. I could kill him some days -.-Still havent figured out how theres not a 6ft 2 lump under the patio.

Rosecottage888 Sun 28-Dec-14 01:22:39

If i came down in the middle of the night and asked OH to late something up I'd consider it out of his way, totally get where you're coming from with it still tasting like fairy liquid but you made it and asked him to plate it up, he can't be worst husband of the year for that!

Blackout234 Sun 28-Dec-14 01:23:40

He was already up, its not like i dragged him out of bed! that WOULD have been unreasonable.

Rosecottage888 Sun 28-Dec-14 01:27:08

Granted, but he did what you asked did he not? He wouldn't have added the fairy flavour in on purpose that's all saying smile

BrowersBlues Sun 28-Dec-14 01:28:23

YANBU - so not! Sciatica is agony and morning sickness is horrible. I had both and didn't wish it on anyone. No joke but I would have a word with him in the morning. Poor you!

Rosecottage888 Sun 28-Dec-14 01:34:04

Having a word with him about what? Jesus Christ the poor bloke! He didn't rinse the plate of properly, surely a 'my plate tastes like soap' 'oh sorry love' would do?

CheeseBuster Sun 28-Dec-14 01:34:27

If you've stood making gravy and toad in the hole I don't understand why you didn't just wash up plates whilst cooking tbh confused

Rosecottage888 Sun 28-Dec-14 01:35:04

Exactly!

Italiangreyhound Sun 28-Dec-14 01:50:15

YANBU.

BrowersBlues Sun 28-Dec-14 01:54:16

Maybe it's just me but I think anyone would want to help their pregnant partner get a bite to eat when eating helps ward off vile sickness for a bit. Moving from sitting to standing with sciatica is agony. I would hazard a guess that the OP has mentioned the discomfort she is in.

When I was pregnant I could hardly move with back pains and was nauseous all the time. It's a pretty pitiful state and I think it would be nice to help someone especially if they are carrying your child.

I will never be pregnant again but if my back flares up my family don't hesitate to help me.

maras2 Sun 28-Dec-14 03:32:00

What on earth is vegetarian toad in the hole?

KatieKatie1980 Sun 28-Dec-14 07:54:10

Hehehe I hear you! I had really bad spd with both of mine. I fell off a horse when I was 16 and hurt my backside...still hurts today. So sciatica and all that, ouch! Just so you know, my DP can't wash up, period. And I'm not allowed to re-wash the plates or I'm 'personally attacking' him?!! I'm talking sauce on the bottom of plates etc, yogurt still on spoons. I never say anything but have to wait until he's not there to do it! I'm not sure if its a long-term game plan so he never has to do it again :P

LividofLondon Sun 28-Dec-14 09:31:48

YANBU to expect the detergent to be rinsed off crockery, but it seems there are many people who don't bother doing this or don't see the needconfused

Urgh Katie, I also had a BF that thought by me putting his bad washing-up (food still on plates!) back on his to do pile instead of meekly drying up and sucking it up meant I was personally attacking him too. Twat! Washing up isn't hard, it's just a case of checking that you've done it properly. I'd nip his attitude in the bud if I were you; if he doesn't want to redo it (or you redo it) he should damn well do it right the first timehmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now