Talk

Advanced search

To be absolutely sick of illness in this house

(23 Posts)
Quadrophonic Sat 27-Dec-14 21:21:46

Just a moan. Our run of illnesses started with DD - a bout of tonsillitis starting on December10th. One by one we have all (Ds, Dd, DH and myself) had coughs, lost voices, bad chests, sore throats, sweats, fevers, aches and pains just all going round and round. One day you think your getting over it the next you are back to square one as its gone from your ears to your chest, then to your throat etc.

Really sucked off with it now, none of us have been well all over Christmas so have all been lethargic and miserable.

Bah!

Pensionerpeep Sat 27-Dec-14 21:30:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sirzy Sat 27-Dec-14 21:36:01

Me and DS have the same bug. It's horrible two weeks and still going strong

Heleng1982 Sat 27-Dec-14 21:53:35

there's 5 of us and we all started about two months ago with coughs /colds, ear infections etc and we've only just got rid smile . it sucks and know how you feel, it's rubbish that it just gets passed around between every one sad hope it gets better soon for you x

Echocave Sun 28-Dec-14 10:51:46

I agree with you and sympathise! I wrote a very moany thread on Xmas Day (!) about it. In our house it seems to be hacking cough and tummy bug (me), dd2 tummy bug and weird rash, dd1 tummy bug and cold, DH struggling on. The diarrhoea seems to be getting worse in dd2 and she's had it since Xmas eve. It's appalling!

pearpotter Sun 28-Dec-14 10:59:31

I find we get less ill if we all take multi vitamins regularly. And the kids are much better at washing their hands than they used to be. Since they've both been at school for the last year or so we've only had the odd cold touch wood.

CrohnicChristmas Sun 28-Dec-14 11:23:02

Ours started back in October with chickenpox followed by a stomach bug 2 weeks later and various coughs and colds since then. DD has a bad cough at the moment and has barely eaten since Christmas Eve.

DixieNormas Sun 28-Dec-14 11:29:54

We had really bad colds on the run up to Xmas, Boxing Day the d&v started. 4 of the 6 of us now have it. Dn came down with chicken pox on Boxing Day so I'm waiting for the little ones to get that as well

mewkins Sun 28-Dec-14 11:50:18

Luckily we have only had low lying colds and coughs but 6mo is ob his third lot of antibiotics for an ear infection, which followed a chest infection. I hate winter. Roll on the spring.

Echocave Tue 30-Dec-14 23:31:28

Well at least one of the children seems to be on the mend. Dd1 is 6 days into a bad upset tummy though and is in a lot of pain. And has developed my horrible cough too. All set for a fabulous New Year's Eve here then [bitter]

trowelmonkey1 Tue 30-Dec-14 23:43:45

You have my sympathies. It's been the same in our house since DS started nursery in September. I think I made it into work for just three days this month thanks to either myself or DS being ill. I'm now subject to disciplinary action thanks to my poor attendance. Family friendly employer my arse... hmm

Waltonswatcher Wed 31-Dec-14 00:28:37

But all these ailments will go ! Stay positive people . Dd has had hfandmouth ,chickenpox and now chest infection . All in December .
I've been very low about it as worried her immunity must be crap . We've been nowhere so how the hell is she catching it all? But , today I took a dose of positivity and reminded myself it will pass . Then went out for more calpol and Kleenex!

captainweasel Wed 31-Dec-14 01:13:06

I've just gone down with sore throat. Temperature. Etc. Not cool. And am on holiday. 12500miles away from home and all I want is a hug from my mum. I'm 30. So shouldn't be being so pathetic. 2 more days. Then a 26 hour flight.

Purplepoodle Wed 31-Dec-14 04:30:43

Brought mine bloomin multivitamins in an effort to try and stop the continuous cold cycle between the kids

GretnaGreen Wed 31-Dec-14 08:53:27

We've had sore throats and almost - but - not - quite ear infections for two months or so now. Getting better but very slowly and every time we don't get enough sleep or are out in the cold it comes back a little bit. No cold or flu symptoms, no fever. Not like me at all - I usually just shake things off in a few days.

captainweasel Wed 31-Dec-14 23:21:55

Am in bed today. Feel utter shite. Sigh.

Deux Wed 31-Dec-14 23:33:39

Sympathies here. We've had tonsillitis, hand foot and mouth and colds.

I have some kind of cold that was preceded by a cough of 3 weeks. Now can't hear properly and feel as though I'm in an aeroplane that's about to land. No sign of improvement. Everyone else gone to friends for NY but me.

Xenadog Thu 01-Jan-15 00:12:11

I'm sick of being sick too. Since September I've had a constant bad cold, a severe bout of tonsillitis (2 courses of penicillin), conjunctivitis and HFM. I've lost my voice several times and am utterly pissed off with it. Think my immune system is fucked. Oh and spent all Xmas day in bed. Bah!

306235388 Thu 01-Jan-15 00:20:26

Sympathy to you all. It's always worse at Christmas because it's just so bloody unfair!!

Hope you all feel better soon - I suspect we are going to be dropping like flies but shouldn't complain as been well over Xmas and that's a novelty for us! Ds and dd both coughing away and my stomachs really painful. Oh well......

Notmeagain1 Thu 01-Jan-15 01:27:41

I feel your pain here too. I had D&V bug 2 weeks ago, ds (16) came down with mononucleosis on xmas day and has been miserable and on NYE DH now has the D&V bug.
I exaughested from taking care of them now so Happy Fing New Year. Glad to be done with 2014 as it has been horrendous with sickness (4 hospital stays for me and 2 operations) sad

Here's to a HEALTHY 2015 for everyone. Happy New Year!grin

Echocave Thu 01-Jan-15 20:52:55

New Year's started and we're still all unhealthy here. I feel massive resentment about it all. DC1 still has a weird tummy upset where it's not copious amounts but is very soft, sometimes liquidy but obviously very painful. She suffers from constipation and was on medication before this. The Dr said IT didn't feel impacted when we took her yesterday but nothing is shifting this bug which is now onto its 10th night. I hardly know what to give her to eat and I am so so miserable. Sorry whining here.

306235388 Thu 01-Jan-15 21:02:34

Oh echo that sounds utterly miserable hmm

BlinkAndMiss Thu 01-Jan-15 21:03:33

My sympathies to you all too - we've had the same. DS wasn't right on Xmas eve so I took him to the dr, just a cold. By Boxing Day he was running a high temperature and was lethargic, had to take him to the walk in clinic on the Saturday who then took him by ambulance to the children's ward at our local hospital. Told awful things about septic infections and low oxygen levels, then told it was a virus and sent home. More GP visits, phonecalls to 111 and he still has a virus that we have to wait out. I haven't slept in over a week or left the house. I understand that some people are in a much worse position than us but it's just so depressing to see him so poorly.

And today I'm coming down with it, at 17 weeks pregnant I can't even take a lemsip not that they work.

I go back to work on Monday, and bloody facebook is just showing me how much family time and fun I've missed out on. 2015 had better improve!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now