Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to this man?

(42 Posts)
OHolyShite Sat 27-Dec-14 15:19:16

I did a charity race in the countryside yesterday and took my dog. There was a walk version which we did and then a run a few hours later.

On finishing I was quite happily walking to the building where the reception was. A man who appeared to be photographing the event in some sort of professional capacity approached me. The following exchange took place.....

Man: Are you doing the run with your dog?
Me: No, we've just done the walk.
Man: Oh I wanted a photo of the two bitches (with a semi smile that suggested he thought he was being amusing).
Me: shock shock confused confused hmm hmm angry angry Excuse me?? Why in shuddering FUCK do you think that's an acceptable thing to say to a complete stranger? Get some bloody manners you rude misogynist pig.

I honestly was this close to throwing the contents of my complimentary bottle of water in his face or decking him.

Tell me I wasn't being unreasonable??

Unreasonable? Not in the slightest! On the contrary, you are getting hearty applause from me, for telling the bloke off so firmly!

rainyevening Sat 27-Dec-14 15:21:10

You were not unreasonable and he was lucky you didn't punch him. The number of men who seek to piss on the parade of women taking exercise or otherwise enjoying themselves never fails to amaze me.

LadyLuck10 Sat 27-Dec-14 15:21:16

Er off course not? Did you think you were buconfused

rainyevening Sat 27-Dec-14 15:21:43

And if he was photographing it in a professional capacity then you should report him to the event organisers.

Birdsgottafly Sat 27-Dec-14 15:22:05

Find out who he is and who he is working in a professional capacity for.

Make a formal complaint, it's totally unacceptable.

To the point, that you'd think he was a UKIP candidate.

OHolyShite Sat 27-Dec-14 15:22:57

I'm in the process of doing so rainy.

I am not doubting myself. Some older family members (female ones, depressingly) were trying to minimise it and say he was just joking hmm hmm . Gotta love Ireland.

AntiHop Sat 27-Dec-14 15:24:22

Yanbu. He sounds like a nasty man.

perplexedpirate Sat 27-Dec-14 15:25:07

What?!? Absolutely report that hideous, misogynist twatbadger. angryangryangry

Ps, did you really say shuddering fuck? I utterly love you for that. smile

Aeroflotgirl Sat 27-Dec-14 15:25:50

My goodness what a fecking tool, bloody hell I would have given him a big kick in the caboodlies stupid wanker. Did you really say that to him? If you did well done, and report him to the event organisers.

Purplepumpkins Sat 27-Dec-14 15:27:56

Are you shure he wasn't referring to the dogs? Are they female? As female dogs are called bitches.

DancingDinosaur Sat 27-Dec-14 15:28:00

He's lucky you didn't thump him. Definitely complain.

ithoughtofitfirst Sat 27-Dec-14 15:29:06

Omg just CHOKED at "mysogynist twatbadger" and "shuddering fuck" grin

GraysAnalogy Sat 27-Dec-14 15:29:36

Good on you, although dancing no comment warrants physical violence although I would have been tempted wink

Have you,pointed out to your family that jokes are supposed to be funny, and asked them why you should find it funny that a stranger called you a bitch?

CaptainAnkles Sat 27-Dec-14 15:30:15

'What the shuddering fuck' is lovely. I'm so using that. grin

rainyevening Sat 27-Dec-14 15:30:15

Purple OP only had one dog. He was referring to her and the dog. That was his 'joke'.

OHolyShite Sat 27-Dec-14 15:30:25

I did perplexed . My brain is pretty much a roladex of comebacks wink .

Purple It was me and my dog he was referring to. Her being one bitch, me the other. There were no other people or dogs around near us. Absolutely no confusion or misinterpretation.

TheReluctantCountess Sat 27-Dec-14 15:30:48

That's awful. Please complain.

TheReluctantCountess Sat 27-Dec-14 15:32:01

grin at Purple explaining what the word bitch means.

OHolyShite Sat 27-Dec-14 15:34:43

I know violence is never a good thing and would have lowered me to a similar level.

But I was so shocked and disgusted and completely confused that my strong physical reaction was to kick him in the wizened balls.

Jollyjingles Sat 27-Dec-14 15:36:08

You are kidding? shock

theprodigalmum Sat 27-Dec-14 15:39:27

I want your Rolodex brain of comebacks, oholy.

He sounds seriously creepy - I would go as far as to say in a psychopathic way. I mean, testing to see what he can get away with - if you'd appeared frightened & dumbfounded what might he have done next? Or what will he do to or with a woman who does seem frightened of him. There is no way on this earth he goes home, takes off his creepy suit & becomes Mr Wholesome & happy persona. If he was 'official' it needs to be on record somewhere.

PhaedraIsMyName Sat 27-Dec-14 15:43:17

He's a creep. Definitely report this to the organisers.

ilovesooty Sat 27-Dec-14 15:44:45

Agree with everyone else. That's utterly disgusting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now