Talk

Advanced search

To think it's rude not to say thank you?

(6 Posts)
makapakasdirtysponge Fri 26-Dec-14 22:22:37

IA probably BU and precious and I appreciate in the grand scheme of things I'm very lucky not to have more serious things to worry about but...

I sent some Christmas presents to family members, I took a lot of time to choose things I though they'd like or had a connection to.

I called these family members to wish them a happy Christmas and thank them for our presents, their DCs said thanks but the adult members didn't seem to say anything. The call was slightly chaotic due to overexcited children screaming throughout so I suppose that could have distracted them but I came off the call wondering if X liked the special gift I bought or if the clothes I bought Y fitted... And realised they'd not acknowledged them or said thanks at all.

AIBU to be disappointed and think actually it's rude that they've not even said thanks? Even if they didn't like the gifts?

Bluecarrot Fri 26-Dec-14 22:28:06

We send thank you cards from dc every birthday /Xmas but never get any from adults we sent gifts to. We don't send them gifts any anymore...too rude!

AgentZigzag Fri 26-Dec-14 22:29:02

Like you say, they were maybe distracted when they were on the phone. It's pretty good going that they prompted the DCs to say thank you!

The adults might get back to you in a couple of days to say thanks?

AgentZigzag Fri 26-Dec-14 22:30:57

You've just reminded me I meant to message MIL and BIL today to say thank you for the presents they sent me grin

Thanks!

Hassled Fri 26-Dec-14 22:31:26

I spoke to someone yesterday and realised afterwards I'd forgotten to thank them for a present - I was just too frazzled with the cooking and whatnot. Give it a few days before you start getting cross - if they don't have a "Oh Shit I Forgot" moment by then, then they are rude.

Hulababy Fri 26-Dec-14 22:36:34

We will be doing thank you cards for gifts from people we aren't seeing and for grandparents. But it will be next week before they are done.

We will be calling my grandparents tomorrow to thank them - been a bit hectic/occupied at times today and yesterday so I set a quick text and said we'd call tomorrow. They are fine with this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now