Talk

Advanced search

Sorry but I cant find chat...

(14 Posts)
inthenickoftime Fri 26-Dec-14 22:15:41

I was just walking home from the pub and someone tried to grab me and pull me into a lane. Within seconds i managed to get away and ran home.

I didn't see any distinguishing features bur my BF wants me to report it. I don't think there's any point because it will take hours for someone to come around and take my statement that has no details. I just want to go to sleep. What should i do?

HoHonutty Fri 26-Dec-14 22:16:39

Phone the police.

GilbertBlytheWouldGiftIt Fri 26-Dec-14 22:16:39

Report, they might still be there waiting for the next person.

Hassled Fri 26-Dec-14 22:17:23

Report. There will be another victim.

LaurieFairyCake Fri 26-Dec-14 22:17:32

Yes, report

Only1scoop Fri 26-Dec-14 22:17:47

Report....they may attack someone tonight. Call police.

usualsuspect333 Fri 26-Dec-14 22:17:49

How scary,you should report it though.

Imnotaslimjim Fri 26-Dec-14 22:18:11

Please do report it, they could well be waiting to grab someone else

LaurieFairyCake Fri 26-Dec-14 22:18:11

And of course you can say you're off to bed and they're to come round tomorrow

BathshebaDarkstone Fri 26-Dec-14 22:19:56

Yes report it. fsmile

SpottedTent Fri 26-Dec-14 22:27:43

What a terrifying experience and I'm glad you are safe. Your statement doesn't need to be taken tonight, however, your report contains many important details even if you didn't see the person - the time, your route.. there may be cameras, witnesses. Where you were grabbed may have trace elements of DNA - it's a long shot but a possibility. There may have been an earlier attack or it may be part of a series.

Please report this, if only to say you want to be seen tomorrow. I hope you are able to rest tonightflowers

IBrokeTheInternetB4itWasCool Fri 26-Dec-14 22:28:14

Report - they may still be hanging around the area waiting to grab someone else.

inthenickoftime Sun 28-Dec-14 18:25:19

Hi all I'm so sorry i didn't reply! I thought my thread didn't post until i just clicked on Threads I'm On.

I did ring 101 and two officers came out to take my statement. No news off them since though so hopefully that means they had no other reports.

MrsTerryPratchett Sun 28-Dec-14 18:38:03

Thanks for reporting. You never know, you may have saved someone else. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now