Talk

Advanced search

my Ex and his bloody van....

(9 Posts)
velvetspoon Fri 26-Dec-14 14:03:26

Before I start I know really this isn't my problem. And it's further example of why he's my Ex, how different we are etc, so I expect to be told I'm bu!

So, my Ex works ft. I don't know his current salary but I expect it's around £40k. He lives rent free (or virtually, he pays about £50 a week) with his parents. He doesn't pay anything to me (whole other thread!). When we split he had no debts or financial commitments (loans etc).

He used to have a large estate car which he also used for work. A couple of years ago that was knackered, and he replaced it with a works van.

The works van has 2 seats, including driver. We have 2 DC. This means that they can't now go anywhere together unless he does 2 trips. I know he has suggested one of them goes in the back but they are teens and know not to do so. It just doesn't make sense to me - when he comes to pick them up/drop off he ends up doing 2 trips. He could get a bigger work van (borrowed a transit type a couple of times over the summer) but told DC it was too hard to park. And the fuel cost more (despite now him always doing 2 trips which must cost more anyway!).

I just don't get why he's making life more difficult for himself! Am sure he could afford another car if it came to it. But then I don't quite get why a 50 yr old man still lives with his mum....I've tried to pay him out for his 'share' of our house so he could buy/ rent somewhere of his own but he won't discuss it!

I probably should just let him get on with it. Can't help feeling sorry for our DC though, I know they'd want to see him more if he could take them both out in one trip.and if he had a home of his own.

mommy2ash Fri 26-Dec-14 14:18:52

it's his problem don't worry about it

MistAndAWeepingRain Fri 26-Dec-14 14:21:56

Well it's annoying I grant you. But really none of your buisiness. If he wants to make his life more complicated, let him get on with it.

CassieBearRawr Fri 26-Dec-14 14:35:13

Some people don't have the sense they were born with.

velvetspoon Fri 26-Dec-14 14:48:13

True, he has no sense at all.

It is so annoying though, the van and his living situation.

CassieBearRawr Fri 26-Dec-14 15:02:26

I can see why it annoys you because it impacts your kids, and thus impacts on you by extension. But just take a deep breath, remember he's an ex for a reason and you guys don't have to let it bother you any more!

velvetspoon Fri 26-Dec-14 15:57:48

Yes, I need to try and ignore!

Hoping I will learn to drive this year, southeast I will be able to drop off the DC half the time.

velvetspoon Fri 26-Dec-14 15:58:51

At least! Not southeast smile

velvetspoon Fri 26-Dec-14 19:16:33

Ugh, more of it this evening...He suggested taking DC out tomorrow to the cinema...except DS1 either has to get the bus (he won't) or wait there on his own for 40 mins (ditto). So now just DS2 is going. Bloody hell!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now