Talk

Advanced search

to think not all of them have to smoke at the same time?

(11 Posts)
Cleio Thu 25-Dec-14 21:26:39

Getting really fed up that once again I'm left on my own inside while DH and our guests are all outside to smoke. I don't smoke, so al day I'm the default to mind the DC while they all disappear. It's cigars too, so it takes a minimum of half an hour each time. This round will be longer as the big ones have been broken out. DD2 is teething so she's still up.

AIBU t think that not everyone needs to go smoke at the same time and someone could stay in and keep me company?

BertieBotts Thu 25-Dec-14 21:28:57

Ah that's a bit mean sad as an ex-smoker yes a big part is the social side but it's not on to leave you on your own. They should go in halves or smaller groups.

Could you have a quiet word in DH's ear to that effect? Perhaps he hasn't realised.

Cleio Thu 25-Dec-14 21:32:17

DH knows but is unwilling to do anything.

I actually don't mind smoking as such, especially cigars, and if DD would just go to bed they could smoke inside.

Can hear them laughing now. Bah.

Lazymummy2014 Thu 25-Dec-14 21:35:24

Ah that's really unfair and wanky. Sympathies OP. Make sure you get your other half to do bedtime or something so you get some grown up social time while he's having to do DC duty on his own for a bit.

OfficerVanHarkTheHeraldAngels Thu 25-Dec-14 21:36:09

Eww, please don't let them smoke in the house if you have small children, it goes everywhere, even through closed doors, although you probably can't smell it on yourself/children/clothes if your dh does it regularly.

But the rest yanbu about, that must be shit. Did you do all the cooking as well? It's very inconsiderate of them.

MrsTawdry Thu 25-Dec-14 21:45:13

YANBU when I smoked, I used to think about who was being left behind if I went out with company.

Cleio Thu 25-Dec-14 21:59:01

I did do all the cooking but that was fully by choic, and didn't lift a finger cleaning up!

To be fair, DH husband was on teething baby duty through the night. He's a a great partner and father. His greatest flaw really is this sort of thing. In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal but it is really annoying.

LuisSuarezTeeth Thu 25-Dec-14 22:05:04

Eh? That is so rude! But whatever happens please don't allow smoking inside - it goes straight up!

I'm just home from a house where even though I'm 7 months pregnant, everyone sat and smoked relentlessly. I just had to shower the smell off, it sticks to you.

I'm an ex smoker now and I know how hard it is hit don't let them in the house!

OfficerVanHarkTheHeraldAngels Thu 25-Dec-14 22:33:38

TakeMe that's exactly it, you don't realise how much it stinks and gets everywhere till you stop do you?

My fil smokes in the house, supposedly only in the kitchen with the door open, but the dc always need their hair washing when they've been round, and some stuff mil tried to pass to me for the dc from her other dgc (books, toys etc) had to be got rid of as the stink is just ingrained. Makes me very hmm because when dnephew was small, he was regularly hospitalised with his asthma. If this is what his books smell like all these years later, why did no one think 'oh gosh maybe I won't smoke all these fags in here all over this toddler after all' at the time??? Sorry, huge digression op, it just irks me how my ils tiptoe round my twat of a fil and his selfishness sometimes.

Levismum Fri 26-Dec-14 01:09:10

I smoked 20-40 a day for 22 years. I gave up almost 2 years ago.

All smokers stink. All smokers are hideously selfish...

Most smokers will disagree!fconfused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now