Talk

Advanced search

To think there are some christmas presents you should keep to yourself?

(14 Posts)
TheCunnyFunt Thu 25-Dec-14 18:28:35

DP showed me Facebook earlier, his cousin had posted a pic of one of her christmas presents. It was a sex toy. It wasn't accidental either as she'd written something about 'her new toy'. Good for her, I hope she enjoys it but really? Who shares things like that on FB!?!

LadySybilLikesSloeGin Thu 25-Dec-14 18:31:46

We must know the same person as someone I know has posted this on Facebook! fshock Couldn't agree with you more.

SoleSource Thu 25-Dec-14 18:31:52

Your DP's cousin has.

Patrickstarxx Thu 25-Dec-14 18:33:05

Urgh.

Mrsgrumble Thu 25-Dec-14 18:33:54

Someone recently said that people are going to post when they are going to shite on FB soon ...

Its getting ridiculous but leave them at it!! Cringe

LongDistanceLove Thu 25-Dec-14 18:37:04

Mrsgrumble I've seen the 'I'm having a dump' FB message. Nothing surprises me anymore.

SipsTea Thu 25-Dec-14 18:38:16

Meh, it's a gift that happens to be a sex toy. I can imagine that it's much more useful and fun than other rubbish gifts people across the land are receiving.

Good on her for showing it off - at least, everyone knows that she'll probably sleep very happily tonight grin

Patrickstarxx Thu 25-Dec-14 19:00:59

Some dirty bastards status was she's having her Yule log. Yuck!

TheCunnyFunt Fri 26-Dec-14 10:08:53

I can't believe some people think over sharing like this is ok. I know someone who regularly posts about her IBS flare ups, it's always something about her visiting the toilet too many times in one day, or she's got it coming out both ends today <vom>

TheReluctantCountess Fri 26-Dec-14 10:11:31

Oh blimey.

FunkyBoldRibena Fri 26-Dec-14 10:15:30

Well, get rid of them then!

GaryBaldy Fri 26-Dec-14 10:23:20

Are you sure someone hadn't nicked their phone and posted for a "hilarious" joke?

LuluJakey1 Fri 26-Dec-14 10:40:53

We once went to some friends for a meal on Christmas Eve - about 8 of us. She treated him like crap and he adored her. She has left him once and went back. Is still pining after the bloke she left him for- years later.
Anyway, surface appearance of normality. Nice meal, drinks , good conversation and lots of laughs. She drank steadily until she was very drunk but in a quiet way.
We were all in the sitting room sitting chatting and relaxing. She was sitting next to me on the sofa and he appeared with a beautifully gift- wrapped present, knelt on the floor infront of us and handed it to her saying 'Happy Christmas '.
The room went quiet and everyone was a bit uncomfortable. She struggled to open it (drink)and stuffed it at me saying loudly 'Oh Lu you get the ribbon off the stupid fucking thing'.
I said 'Why don't you keep it until Christmas morning?'not wanting to open it.
He took it and pulled the ribbon off it and handed it to her. She opened the wrapping and the box and it was very beautiful, very classy underwear- a basque, pants, matching bra, lace stockings.
She sort of pulled it all out one by one and threw it to the side, over me, and sad 'Oh for fuck's sake what is the point of this!' hauled herself off the sofa, fell flat on her face, refused any offers of help and went off into the bathroom, locking the door. He sat outside the bathroom door - in the downstairs hall- crying.
Everyone was silent and then awkwardly conversational and helpful. I folded the underwear and put it nicely back in its box. Someone put the drinks glasses in the kitchen, someone else got all the coats. We all said 'Thank you and Have a nice Christmas' and left - by this time they were arguing through the bathroom door and ignored us completely.

Why, why, why would you share a present so personal, so publically, in a situaion like that or indeed in any situation?

It has never been mentioned again. She is a lady with guts to face anything out.

GlitzAndGigglesx Fri 26-Dec-14 10:46:00

When I had facebook a friend got hold of my phone and put as my status "had a good seeing to last night". Cue the texts from relatives asking what I was thinking blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now