Talk

Advanced search

To think there's absolutely nothing wring with a womsn having a bubble bath with her five year old ds?

(94 Posts)
NatJon Wed 24-Dec-14 17:46:19

A group of friends were out for lunch earlier today to catch up before the holidays. There are four of us and we were just chatting about what we were getting up to tonight.

Friend A tells us her and her ds (aged 5) always have a lovely bubble bath together on Christmas eve, get into their new pjs, watch a Christmas movie and leave out milk and cookies and a carrot before going to bed.

Friend B pulls a face and says "is he not a bit old to be seeing his mum's tits?" hmm and "some people might think its a bit dodgy having a bath with a child as old as your ds" angry

Friend A was quite upset as she has done this every year since her ds was a baby. I told her to pay no attention to B and asked him what he thought he was playing at. He just shrugged and said "well I think its weird"

Poor A.sad she's had such a hard time of it lately and is very sensitive at the moment. Aibu to think B was being a knob and there's nothing wrong with this? He has upset her unnecessarily.

NatJon Wed 24-Dec-14 17:48:51

Sorry about the typos blush

DanyStormborn Wed 24-Dec-14 17:49:01

I don't think there us anything wrong with it at that age. Might think it a but odd at if they hadn't stopped by the time he hits puberty but not at just 5.

DanyStormborn Wed 24-Dec-14 17:49:43

Sorry about my typos too!

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Wed 24-Dec-14 17:50:15

Unless you've mistyped and her DS is 15 nothing weird or wrong!

RayBloodyPurchase Wed 24-Dec-14 17:50:39

Friend B sounds awful, I really scrunched my face up as I read his comments. Yuk.

WestEast Wed 24-Dec-14 17:50:56

Sounds like a lovely tradition in my mind.

peasandlove Wed 24-Dec-14 17:51:32

He's a douche

TooTiredToBeCreative Wed 24-Dec-14 17:52:29

My 11 yo DS climbed into the bath with me the other day, he doesn't do it often as he likes the bath to himself but certainly nothing weird about it! We have a huge bath so we often end up with various combinations of us & DC in it.

itsbetterthanabox Wed 24-Dec-14 17:53:20

That's fine and normal! Why are some people incapable of separating nudity from sex. I bet her friend think breast feeding is gross too. So bizarre. The fact she calls them 'tits' sexualises them. I going people with that attitude very weird.

NatJon Wed 24-Dec-14 17:54:23

No typo, he's just 5 smile

I actually think its quite a sweet thing to do with her ds

BeakyMinder Wed 24-Dec-14 17:54:45

Yanbu he's a knob.

SconeRhymesWithPhone Wed 24-Dec-14 17:54:52

My DS is 5 and we sometimes have a bath together. Nothing weird about it!

hiccupgirl Wed 24-Dec-14 17:55:05

No issue whatsoever in my mind.

I have to sneak off to have a quiet bath as my DS aged 5 would be in with me straight away and I want to relax not play with the Octonauts!

I'm sure at some point her DS will feel he doesn't want to have a bath with his mum anymore but as long as it's a choice for him then I don't see the problem.

padkin Wed 24-Dec-14 17:55:26

How ridiculous, and how sad that some people have such warped ideas about loving family relationships. It's perfectly fine and normal.

wanderingcloud Wed 24-Dec-14 17:55:31

Sounds like a perfectly healthy and happy relationship to me!

XiCi Wed 24-Dec-14 17:55:35

Friend B sounds a complete and utter cock

fourwoodenchairs Wed 24-Dec-14 17:58:40

They would hate me then. I bathe with my 4yr old son and 2 year old daughter every night.

defineme Wed 24-Dec-14 17:59:16

Well if she's weird I am too, I used to have 5 yrold twins and 7 yr old brother in...then I would swiftly get out! It's his problem and I feel sorry for him, which is what I would be telling my friend.

Marmiteandjamislush Wed 24-Dec-14 17:59:46

He's the weird one. Terribly rude too. Hope your friend took no notice.

Artandco Wed 24-Dec-14 18:04:59

Bizarre, my almost 5 year old and 4 year olds share a bath or shower with dh or I almost daily. I thought this was perfectly normal?

Dh and I also walk around naked as and when appropriate and have no plans to stop yet

Timeforabiscuit Wed 24-Dec-14 18:08:32

Nothing at all wrong or weird - I still have baths with my dd7 and 5!

NeedsAsockamnesty Wed 24-Dec-14 18:10:38

I think the comment making friend has a strange view of the world

Idefix Wed 24-Dec-14 18:12:07

Friend b is vu, if he didn't like the sound of it he needed to keep it to himself.

GlitzAndGigglesx Wed 24-Dec-14 18:12:26

Oh ffs I used to get in the bath with my mum when I was about 7. I didn't care about seeing her boobs I liked it cause her baths were always hotter than mine and I've always loved a hot bath. I can't believe people think like this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now