Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think tomorrow's TV line up is shit

(52 Posts)
NoArmaniNoPunani Wed 24-Dec-14 16:54:21

How much total shit can they fit into one day?
Big is a good enough film but it's nearly 20 years old
Morecabe and wise and Miranda - one old comedy, one shit comedy
Chas and Dave, Dad's army - more old crap.
Even blackadder - as good as it is, has been shown every Christmas for years.

Isn't there anything new or original? At this rate I'll have to speak to my family

AsBrightAsAJewel Wed 24-Dec-14 16:58:16

I agree - not much worth watching. We are looking forward to Dr Who and Downton Abbey in this house, but we usually record anything worth watching on Christmas Day as we always miss the few things we are interested in.

NoArmaniNoPunani Wed 24-Dec-14 18:36:40

Tonight's TV is pretty dire too

hiddenhome Wed 24-Dec-14 19:02:23

We no longer pay the licence fee and don't watch live television any more. We do have a tv, but we watch box sets or link it up to Youtube. We also have a DVD player.

We honestly don't miss the tv programmes. If you dig around there's far better stuff online and at least you can choose instead of being a captive audience smile

ghostyslovesheep Wed 24-Dec-14 19:09:21

YABVVU - Doctor Who is on

southeastastra Wed 24-Dec-14 19:11:47

oh god bloody over egged dr who, probably mawkish with an over the top soundtrack. and we all have to be quiet when it's on for dp and ds hmm

eastenders is probably on for four hours too.

Gawjushun Wed 24-Dec-14 19:14:04

Doctor Who plus the annual Eastenders punch up will be fun. Other than that it'll probably all be CBeebies and Netflix at ours.

ghostyslovesheep Wed 24-Dec-14 19:14:07

but you know TV's have an off switch ... grin

go for a walk

listen to the radio

watch a DVD

talk to your families shock

NoArmaniNoPunani Wed 24-Dec-14 19:16:20

talk to your families

Oh dear God, I'm going to have to get pissed

Andrewofgg Wed 24-Dec-14 19:19:50

About as good as the rest of the year, then?

BigBoobiedBertha Wed 24-Dec-14 19:20:30

What side are you looking on? None of that is BBC1 is it? (I don't know, I've not looked properly).

We'll watch Eastender, Puss in Boots Dr Who and all that. Not sure what we will do when Mrs Brown's Boys is on. How that sort of complete crap is allowed on telly at all, let alone on Christmas Day is beyond me.fhmm

LittleprincessinGOLDrocks Wed 24-Dec-14 19:25:45

Well, I for one am looking forward to Miranda and Mrs Browns Boys as I do every year! fgrin .
But you can keep your Eastenders and Dr Who thanks, can't stand either of those.
I think that's it though isn't it? They have so many tastes to cater for on Christmas day that they have to try and please all of us some of the time, they are never going to get it right.
This is why I always ask for a DVD or two for Christmas, to fill in the bits of the day that TV doesn't fill.

NoArmaniNoPunani Wed 24-Dec-14 19:28:45

I just looked on the first 5 channels as that's all they have at PILs. Miranda is on BBC1. I'm hoping to be passed out in a food and drink coma by the time Mrs Brown's boys starts

cardibach Wed 24-Dec-14 19:30:15

Mrs. Brown's Boys is total, total crap. I can't think of words scathing enough to describe it. It's like poor 70s comedy only much, much, much worse.
I a looking forward to Dr. Who and Downtown (though I probably won't watch them tomorrow) and (because I am a sad musical theatre geek) the Life of Tim Rice in music.
I don't really watch tv on Christmas Day, but catch up later.

specialsubject Wed 24-Dec-14 19:31:43

yep, it is winter. Endless shrieky dumb prancing and the crap factor, followed by endless repeats and ghastly 'specials'. Here's to recordings and DVDs! (and Doctor Who although Xmas standards are VERY variable)

I would rather saw off my own leg than watch Miranda - prat falls weren't funny after the 1920s!

it's odd - it used to be that summer was rubbish TV and winter was good, now it is the other way round.

Sparklingbrook Wed 24-Dec-14 19:31:57

Hate Dr Who, never watched Downton or Call the Midwife. Mrs Brown's Boys is dire.

Still there's always Chas and Daves Xmas Knees Up on C5. hmm

vienna1981 Wed 24-Dec-14 19:37:30

I'd be watching Val Doonican tonight if he was still on TV.

Apologies to anyone out there who doesn't have a clue who Val Doonican is. Irish singer, rocking chair, woolly jumper, inoffensive. Nice chap - impossible to dislike.

LouiseBrooks Wed 24-Dec-14 19:39:15

I could watch M&W till the cows come home.

Dr Who is on and "The Lady Vanishes" is on BBC 4. I have loads of dvds to watch so I'm not bothered. I think tonight's tv is really bad though. Not everyone is down the pub on Christmas Eve.

southeastastra Wed 24-Dec-14 19:40:30

i was surprised to see the royal family last night, wonder why they didn't show that christmas day, was quite sweet.

agree re miranda, god that's so dull. and from the preview she get two lots of proposals. such fun hmm

i like a good old christmas ghost story, i don't think i have seen any advertsised this year. will have to youtube some instead.

val doonican is depression city grin sorry, okay i suppose if you need calming down.

YouTheCat Wed 24-Dec-14 19:44:35

There's only Not Going Out on that I want to watch. The rest is shite.

I'm considering chucking on a Monty Python dvd.

Thank god there is no more Val Doonican on any more - every bloody year I was forced to endure his murmurings.

Andrewofgg Wed 24-Dec-14 19:45:17

Apologies to anyone out there who doesn't have a clue who Val Doonican is. Irish singer, rocking chair, woolly jumper, inoffensive. Nice chap - impossible to dislike.

vienna1981 I managed to loathe him and I didn't even find it difficult. Musical blancmange.

NoArmaniNoPunani Wed 24-Dec-14 19:49:16

Still there's always Chas and Daves Xmas Knees Up on C5.

I can see FIL wanting to watch that and singing along.

Andrewofgg Wed 24-Dec-14 19:51:27

Chas and Dave are amazing - especially the Sideboard Song.

fluffling Wed 24-Dec-14 19:51:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mrsstarlord Wed 24-Dec-14 19:52:32

I thought I was the only person who hated Mrs Brown's Boys! Its like the worst of 6th form drama projects.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now